News of the call for assistance from the Turkish border. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
NEW YORK – Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), Office of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), International Organization for Migration (IOM), United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), World Food Program (WFP), World Health Organization ( WHO) and the Population In a joint statement by the heads of the Fund (UNFPA), the Turkish border checkpoint of Djilvegözü was proposed to extend the period for providing humanitarian assistance to Syria.
In their written address to the 15 members of the Security Council, the heads of UN affiliates said that Security Council Resolution 2642, which stipulates that the only open border crossing from Turkey to Syria, which expires in a week, remains open without delay, asked for an extension.
Last year, on July 8, a proposal to extend humanitarian aid to Syria from the Chilwegözü border gate for another year was vetoed by Russia, a permanent member of the 15-member council, and China, a permanent member, abstaining. As a result of a vote four days later, humanitarian assistance was extended for another six months.
After the vote, Dmitry Polyansky, Deputy Permanent Representative of Russia to the UN, said: “We will observe, we will think it over well and make a decision within six months. These special reports of the Secretary-General, unfortunately, are not enough for this purpose, as practice shows. We expect the Secretary General to provide the Council with a comprehensive update on the work done by January 2023,” he said.
It is not clear how Russia will vote.
It is not known how Russia will vote for the bill that will come to the Security Council to extend it for another year.
UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Assistance Martin Griffiths shared on his social media account that humanitarian aid from Turkey to Syria is vital for millions of Syrians.
In their joint appeal, UN affiliates stressed that if the Security Council resolution 2642 is not renewed, its consequences could be catastrophic for the 4.1 million Syrians living in the region.
The joint appeal stated that the effects of the winter in the region would intensify, many adverse conditions such as the cholera epidemic had affected the Syrians living in the region, and that the majority of Syrians who needed humanitarian assistance just to survive were women. and children.
It was stated that in 2022, humanitarian aid delivered to Syria from the Turkish border crossing of Djilvegözü regularly reached 2.7 million people every month, and addressed to the member countries of the UN Security Council: “We are determined to continue humanitarian assistance. We invite members of the Council to take part in the continuation of humanitarian assistance, which is of critical importance for the Syrians living in the Northwest region. “Millions of people who depend on cross-border assistance for survival need to urgently update this solution.”
broadcast by Voice of America Call for help from the Turkish border in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. News about the Appeal for Assistance from the Turkish Border is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the VOA website. in this area Call for help from the Turkish border The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News of Assange’s appeal to the ECtHR. Latest UK headlines and events
- News from China and the EU COVID department. Last Minute GERMANY, Austria, France, England, Spain headlines and events
- Governor of Shahin District and President Keskin in Cyprus
- Accenture to lay off 19,000 employees – WORLD
- Putin: Russia is ready to increase fertilizer exports – MIR
- After 7 years, Iran and Saudi Arabia agreed again!
- The barrier on the border of Poland with Belarus was extended to 181 kilometers – WORLD
- News about the discovery of new natural gas off South Cyprus. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- NATO road is open for Finland – WORLD
- News of Turkey’s harsh reaction to the burning of the Holy Quran by right-wing extremist Paludan. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.