News of the African summit in Washington. Last Minute AFRICA, Russia headlines and events
The US-Africa summit is taking place in Washington DC. The summit, which began today, will last three days. The aim of the summit, US officials say, is to close the gap in trust with Africa, however small.
Various events and conferences will be held within the framework of the summit.
President Joe Biden will address the forum as part of the events and host a dinner for the 49 heads of state and government invited to the summit.
President Biden is expected to announce his proposal to include the 55-member African Union in the G-20 at the summit.
Biden is not expected to face the leaders one-on-one.
Has the US fallen behind in its African policy?
Although China, Russia, India, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates have made significant progress towards Africa recently, there are concerns that the United States is lagging behind in this regard.
A New York Times report on the matter draws attention to the fact that Turkey has opened dozens of new offices in Africa and that Turkish companies are building airports, hospitals, mosques and sports stadiums on the continent.
China has investments in almost every African country. Beijing’s trade with Africa has topped $250 billion.
$55 billion investment plan
Before the summit, the Biden administration unveiled a $55 billion investment plan for the African continent.
The White House also appointed a special representative for Africa.
The first U.S.-Africa summit took place in 2014 under former President Barack Obama.
Countries in which military coups took place were not invited to the summit.
While fertility is declining in many parts of the world, Africa’s population is expected to double by 2050. In this case, it is interpreted that the continent will become a big market for the whole world. Africa’s resources, including rare minerals, will be of great importance for electric vehicles in the future.
American officials say that agreements between African and American companies are expected to be signed at the summit. The summit will also become an arena for initiatives to develop the digital economy of the continent.
Some experts point out that talking about respect and shared values at the summit may not be enough for African leaders.
According to Michelle D. Gavin of the African Studies Department of the Council on Foreign Relations, African leaders will want to see debt relief or debt relief.
broadcast by Voice of America African summit in Washington in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. News from the Africa Summit in Washington is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district African summit in Washington The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News Behramoglu in Paris for the first book of poetry translated into French. Last Minute GERMANY, France, Russia, Greece headlines and events
- Hydroelectric power plant in China – WORLD
- Magnitude 6 earthquake in Indonesia – WORLD
- NATURAL GAS PRICES DECLINED IN EUROPE – IN THE WORLD
- Xi Jinping meets with Tunisian President Qais Said – WORLD
- $445 billion export insurance policy in six months in China – WORLD
- US sanctions against the supply of Iranian UAVs to Russia. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Russian news and events
- The EU bans the import of deforestation products. Top news and events in EUROPE
- What information did the German spy leak to Russia? News. Last Minute GERMANY, Russia headlines and events
- MORNING STRATEGY – WORLD – Economy World Magazine