News of the 7th package of military assistance from the EU to Ukraine. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
Following a meeting with the Ukrainian government in Kyiv, the Council of the European Union announced the 7th military aid package to Ukraine for around 500 million euros and a new aid package of 45 million euros to train 30,000 Ukrainian soldiers. Taking into account the 12 billion euros of military assistance provided by the EU to Ukraine, the total amount of assistance to the country has reached 60 billion euros.
European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen, along with 15 EU commissioners, arrived in Kyiv on the eve of the 24th EU-Ukraine summit, which will be held on Friday, February 3, and met with the Ukrainian government. Von der Leyen announced his arrival in Kyiv on his Twitter account, writing: “This is the fourth time since the Russian invasion and this time it’s nice to be back in Kyiv with my team.”
The EU administration, which allied itself with the Ukrainian government about a year after the start of the Russian occupation, delivered the message: “We are with Ukraine to the end.” “The new measures taken today send a very clear message at a very important time: we will continue to support Ukraine for as long as necessary,” said Josep Borrell, European Union High Representative for Foreign Affairs.
10th package of sanctions against Russia
European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said they are preparing to introduce a new package of sanctions against Russia before the anniversary of the European Union (EU) military intervention in Ukraine on February 24. Von der Leyen, at a joint press conference with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, said: “By February 24, exactly one year after the start of the invasion, we aim to put the 10th package of sanctions into effect. Today, Russia is paying a heavy price because our sanctions are undermining its economy and making it bankrupt.” It brings a generation back,” he said.
Von der Leyen stressed that limiting the price of Russian oil to $60 a barrel is “one of the most important steps” and said: “This cap, introduced by the European Union, the G7 and Australia in early December, is costing Russia about 160 million Euro. day.” The EU, which decided in early December to impose an embargo on Russian crude oil transported by sea, will also introduce an upper limit on the purchase of Russian petroleum products from next Sunday. The G7 countries will implement the same decision.
Zelensky called for “faster sanctions”
At a meeting with the European Commission, President Zelensky called on the European Union to “faster” introduce new sanctions against Russia. At a press conference with European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen in Kyiv, she said: “Today we see that the pace of sanctions in Europe has slowed down somewhat. The sooner these sanctions are qualitatively implemented, the closer we will be to victory over Russian aggression.”
corruption scandal in ukraine
Ursula von der Leyen, who was asked at a press conference about the recent corruption scandal in Ukraine, which is one of the key issues of Ukraine’s accession to the EU, said: “We welcome a quick reaction at the political level to achieve concrete results. in the fight against corruption”. Von der Leyen said: “It is encouraging to see that anti-corruption institutions are on alert and are quickly identifying cases of corruption.”
In Ukraine, a large number of government officials and members of the government were fired last week for making unfair profits from military supplies, and yesterday Ukrainian authorities ransacked the homes of corrupt officials, including a prominent oligarch.
broadcast by Voice of America 7th EU Military Assistance Package for Ukraine in the news hourA-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. News about the 7th EU Military Assistance Package to Ukraine is automatically published on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this area 7th EU Military Assistance Package for Ukraine The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Positive revision of forecasts for China from Goldman Sachs – WORLD
- Ongoing support Message from the European Commission. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Radiopharmaceutical production complex of Rosatom began supplying clinics in Bolivia – MIR
- The world enthusiastically greeted the news of the new year. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- Helicopter crashed into nursing home! – Kent News Agency
- News Green Energy Line from Azerbaijan to Europe. Top news and events in EUROPE
- News about the attack on the Azerbaijani embassy in Tehran. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Mitsotakis requested balloons from King Charles’ news. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, UK, Greece, headlines and events
- In the Netherlands, the number of fake diplomas and certified medical workers increased in 2022 – WORLD
- On January 22, civil flights grew by 3.6% – WORLD
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.