News of Russia’s plan to increase the combat capability of the Armed Forces. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
Russian President Vladimir Putin supported a plan to increase the combat capability of the armed forces by more than 30 percent. Putin said that Moscow should learn from the problems it faces in Ukraine and solve them.
At the final meeting of the top military leadership of Russia, Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu proposed to increase the number of combatants in the armed forces from 1 million 150 thousand to 1 million 500 thousand people.
Sergei Shoigu noted to Putin that this guarantees the solution of problems related to Russia’s military security. Shoigu noted that 695 thousand of them should not be conscripts, but professional contract soldiers.
In a decree signed this summer, Putin demanded an increase in the number of military personnel by 137,000 to 1,150,000 by January 1, 2023. Putin also wanted to send more than 300,000 reservists to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine under a controversial mobilization law.
American and Western military experts have reported that thousands of Russian soldiers have died in the 10 months since Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine. The latest official figure was announced on September 21, and Shoigu reported that 5,937 servicemen had died in Ukraine.
Shoigu also demanded to increase the age limit for military service to 21-30 years.
Under the current system, Russians between the ages of 18 and 27 can be called up for military service.
At the end of the conference, Putin announced that he agreed with Shoigu’s proposals.
After Russia’s invasion of Ukraine in February, it was unable to maintain its military presence in the country’s largest cities and was forced to withdraw from its first target, the capital of Kyiv, and turn east and south. The territory received by Moscow was mostly limited to regions in the East inhabited by Russian-speaking separatists.
broadcast by Voice of America Plan to increase the combat capability of the Armed Forces from Russia in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. News about the capacity building of the Russian Armed Forces is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this area Plan to increase the combat capability of the Armed Forces from Russia The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- A meeting of Foreign Ministers of the Commonwealth of Independent States was held in Samarkand – WORLD
- News about Rafsanjani’s daughter, sentenced to 5 years in prison. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Israel’s “judicial reform” crisis has brought thousands of Israelis to the streets – WORLD
- The EU calls on Iran to stop supporting Russia. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Russian news and events
- NEW YORK EXCHANGE IS CLOSED IN AUTUMN
- Do Americans hate their promoters enough to get rid of them?
- US condemns North Korea long-range ballistic missile test
- Alleged audio recording of Zawahiri’s al-Qaeda. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- IMF warning: news “2023 will be more challenging.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- The woman who answered the question “Turkey” won the main prize!