News of Latin America, where healthy food is the most expensive. Last minute WORLD, ECONOMY, CURRENT news headlines and events
According to a report by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, the region where healthy eating is the most expensive was Latin America at $3.89 per person per day.
Every fifth inhabitant of the region cannot eat healthy food. The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is calling on governments to take action to lower food prices.
According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the most expensive places to eat healthy are Latin America and the Caribbean, which can produce enough food to double the population.
According to the Latin America Food and Nutrition Security Outlook 2022 report, a healthy diet in the region requires US$3.89 per day per person, compared to US$3.46 in Asia, North America and Europe – $3.19, Oceania – $3.07. . The global average is $3.54.
Healthy eating means that a person can get enough calories and nutrients from various groups of unprocessed or less processed foods such as proteins, carbohydrates, vegetables, fruits, minerals, and the calculation of the cost is more than 2330 calories per day.
A report announcing 2020 data; shows that four out of every 10 people have some degree of food safety problem.
Experts report that rising food inflation, poverty, income inequality problems in the region are opening the way to an increase in cases of underdevelopment, overweight and obesity, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, stroke, diabetes, diabetes and cancer.
The report notes that in Latin America and the Caribbean, the region where income disparities are deepest, the number of people who cannot get the minimum amount of calories they need to meet their daily needs has increased to 56.5 million, and this the number increased by 28 percent between 2019 and 2021.
While the global average for those with food safety issues is 29.3 percent; Notably, in Latin America and the Caribbean, this figure exceeded 40 per cent.
“It’s a paradox, but we have the capacity to produce food for more than 1.3 billion people, which is almost double our population, but this is the region with the most difficulty in accessing food,” said Mario Lubetkin, FAO Regional Representative for Latin America and the Caribbean.
In the Gini index, which measures income inequality across regions, the region with the highest average for 2014-2020 is Latin America, with a score of 45.97.
Notably, Turkey, with a Gini coefficient of 42.40 percent, is just behind Latin America and above Sub-Saharan Africa, which ranks second. The region with the lowest income inequality is Europe and Central Asia with a score of 31.46.
FAO recommends that governments implement policies that facilitate people’s access to food.
broadcast by Voice of America Latin America, where healthy food is the most expensive in the news hourA-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. Latin America, where healthy food is the most expensive, is automatically published on our website as it comes from the VOA website. in this area Latin America, where healthy food is the most expensive The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Kuleba: Ukrainian F-16s will be the “best investment” in European security
- China signs $10 billion investment deal with Arab countries – WORLD
- The yes to bull versus no to bullfight debate is escalating in Spain. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Spain, TOURISM headlines and events
- China’s state-owned central enterprises revenue up 8.3 percent – WORLD
- The oldest American city is still a mystery to many
- Will the Islamic Revolutionary Guards be on the EU terrorist list? News. Last Minute GERMANY, France, Netherlands, England, Russia headlines and events
- Historians tackle the biggest lies about America’s past
- Erdogan and Putin met by telephone News. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Pope Francis discharged from hospital – WORLD
- China sends 14 satellites into space in one launch – MIR