News of at least 1,444 deaths. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
Strong earthquakes that claimed thousands of lives in Turkey have also affected Syria. The Damascus administration announced the last death in the country as 1444.
The White Berets, an opposition emergency relief organization operating in Syria, said many buildings were demolished, especially in opposition-controlled areas, and that some were left under rubble.
The aid organization noted that the number of injured is 3,500 and they expect more casualties.
Noting that time is running out to rescue hundreds of families who are still trapped under the rubble of destroyed buildings after the earthquake, the group said urgent help from international teams is needed for the rescue effort.
The quake, which particularly affected the country’s border with Turkey and cities to the northwest, was also strongly felt in the capital Damascus.
In Syria, especially in the north and northwest, there are about 4 million war-displaced people, many of whom live in buildings that have already been bombed.
Assistance to Syria from Iraq, Iran and Russia
The Syrian state agency SANA reported that planes carrying humanitarian aid from Iraq and Iran had reached Damascus International Airport.
Iraqi Foreign Ministry spokesman Mehdi Ghanem told SANA that each plane is carrying about 70 tons of food, medicine, blankets and other essentials.
Iraqi Prime Minister Mohammed Al-Sudani announced yesterday that they will send relief supplies, emergency supplies and shelters, as well as medicine and fuel.
Iranian state media IRNA reported that Iranian Foreign Minister Hussein Emir Abdullahian told Syrian Foreign Minister Faisal Miqdad that he would send humanitarian aid to the region.
The official Russian news agency TASS reported that yesterday Syrian President Bashar Esat had a telephone conversation with Russian President Vladimir Putin and thanked him for offering assistance after the earthquake.
In a statement delivered on the Esat office’s Telegram channel, the Esat president thanked the Russian administration for this relief initiative and stated that Russia’s stance reflects the depth of relations between the two countries and peoples, as well as Russia’s support for Syria in the joint fight against terrorism. is a continuation,” it was said.
“Doctors Without Borders”: “We lost our employee during the earthquake”
On the other hand, Médecins sans Frontières, a medical aid organization, reported that its staff member was found dead in the ruins of his home in the Syrian province of Idlib. The group reported that other members of the organization also lost their families.
“We are deeply shocked and saddened by the impact this disaster has had on thousands of people, including our colleagues and their families,” said Sebastien Gay, head of the MSF mission in Syria.
Gay said medical facilities in northern Syria are overwhelmed with medical personnel working day and night to treat the large number of wounded.
Stating that the needs in northwest Syria are very high and that the earthquake has affected vulnerable people who are still struggling after years of war, Gay stressed the need for international assistance.
broadcast by Voice of America At least 1444 victims in the news hourA-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. At least 1444 life loss news stories are automatically posted on our website as they come from the VOA website. in this area At least 1444 victims The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- The free press cannot be blocked! News. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT headlines and events
- “The game of US hegemony in the WTO” – WORLD
- The US will send 31 Abrams tanks to Ukraine. Last Minute GERMANY, France, England, Russia headlines and events
- WTO: “China is the engine of the world economy” – WORLD
- Ukraine resists despite intense clashes in Soledar. Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT, UK, Russia headlines and events
- Earthquake of magnitude 7.2 on the border of China and Tajikistan
- NEW YORK EXCHANGE IS CLOSED IN AUTUMN
- In 2021, the number of air passengers in the EU increased by 35 percent. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TOURISM headlines and events
- China Development Forum 2023 to be held at full capacity – WORLD
- Breaking a Guinness World Record with Honor Magic5 Pro – WORLD
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.