News of a knife attack at a train station in Paris. Last Minute France, England headlines and events
PARIS. A knife attacker wounded 6 people, 1 of whom was a police officer, at the Gare du Nord, the largest train station in Europe, in Paris, the capital of France. The suspect was neutralized after the police opened fire.
It was stated that the condition of one of the wounded was serious and that the life of the injured suspect was still in danger.
It is noted that as a result of the attack, which occurred around 07:00 local time, a police officer who was an employee of the Border Police Group (PAF) was injured.
French Interior Minister Gérald Darmanin shared on his social media account: “This morning at the Gare du Nord, an attacker wounded several people. He was quickly neutralized. Thanks to the police for their effective and courageous intervention.”
“One of the 6 victims is in serious condition”
The Minister of Internal Affairs Darmanin, who arrived at the scene, reported on the attack: “At about 06.42 a man with a cutting tool in his hand began to threaten people in the area of the department. He attacked the stairs and began to attack. “He was neutralized by shelling. The danger to his life remains. We learn that the condition of one of the 6 wounded is serious,” he said.
Darmanin did not confirm “rumors that the suspect uttered words that the attack was a terrorist act” during the attack, saying the suspect was not identified on his person, so his identity could not yet be established.
While the Paris prosecutor’s office launched an investigation into the attack, the Anti-Terrorist Prosecutor’s Office said there was not enough data yet to launch an investigation.
700 thousand passengers every day
Gare Du Nord, which is the largest train station in Europe and connects the northern suburbs of Paris with the city center, is visited daily by about 700,000 people.
Gare Du Nord is also the starting point for EuroStar high speed trains linking England and France.
The attack was organized in front of the escalators leading to the Eurostar station. The assailant wounded one man in the throat, and lightly wounded others in the shoulder and chest.
Although the police intervened less than 2 minutes later, the attacker injured 6 people, 1 seriously. The attacker was intervened by three border guards who were returning home after performing their duties. When the suspect wounded one of the policemen, two other policemen fired three shots and neutralized the attacker.
The suspect, who was taken to the hospital by emergency after receiving first aid, continues life-threatening injuries to a man with wounds to his throat.
Three people died in an armed attack on the Ahmet Kay Kurdish Cultural Center in Paris on January 23, and the attack was determined to have been carried out by a 69-year-old French far-right opponent of immigrants and foreigners. .
broadcast by Voice of America Knife attack at train station in Paris in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. News of a knife attack at a train station in Paris is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district Knife attack at train station in Paris The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Will the US economy go into recession? News. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- “Ukraine and MH-17 could be brought against Russia.” Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Netherlands, Russia, headlines and events
- Asian and European countries welcome Chinese tourists with special ceremonies – WORLD
- Operations in the Chinese foreign exchange market in February exceeded $3 billion – WORLD
- Can Iran become a point of contact in Turkish-Israeli relations? News. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Invitation of 950 thousand buyers from different countries to the 133rd Canton Fair – WORLD
- Minister Kirishki in Montreal! – Kent News Agency
- England’s TikTok fined £12.7m – WORLD
- US Producer Price Index Beats Expectations
- Iran detains one more opponent according to the agent. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.