News of $5 billion deposit from Saudi Arabia to CBRT. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
Saudi Finance Minister Mohammed Al Sedan said his country will deposit $5 billion to the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey (CBRT) “within a few days.”
“This will happen in the near future. The decision has been made between us and Turkey,” El Sedan said, noting that the discussion of the details is ongoing and that the deposit can be realized “within a few days.”
“There is a lot of development in our relationship with Turkey and we are evaluating investment opportunities in Turkey and elsewhere,” El Sedan said in a statement today.
A Saudi finance ministry official told Reuters on November 22 that talks between the two countries over deposits had come to an end.
The pace of talks between the two countries’ central banks is driven by Ankara’s and Riyadh’s joint efforts to mend relations, which broke down after the assassination of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi at the Istanbul consulate in 2018.
While a deposit agreement with Saudi Arabia is expected to boost Turkey’s dwindling foreign exchange reserves in Turkey, where the lira is depreciating and inflation is high, there are comments that it will bolster President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s hand in what is expected to be an election. in June 2023.
The CBRT has swap agreements with many other central banks in local currencies totaling $28 billion.
The CBRT has previously signed agreements worth $6 billion with China, $15 billion with Qatar, and $5 billion with the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
broadcast by Voice of America $5 billion deposit from Saudi Arabia to the CBR in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. News of the $5 billion contribution from Saudi Arabia to the CBRT is automatically published on our website as it comes from the VOA website. in this district $5 billion deposit from Saudi Arabia to the CBR The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- “Puppet” statement of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Sweden. Top news and events in EUROPE
- Russia is expected to extend the grain deal – MIR
- News about the beginning of the EU embargo on Russian oil. Last Minute GERMANY, Russia headlines and events
- News that Trump may use Facebook and Instagram again. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Strong revenue growth in Chinese software industry in first 10 months – WORLD
- 3 satellites launched from China – MIR
- The EU has agreed on a maximum price for Russian oil of $60. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- From Iran to the EU: “You shot yourself in the foot” news. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Spring Festival Gala Shows the New Face of Chinese People to the Outside World – WORLD
- Campaign news for low-cost tickets from THY on selected flights from Eastern Europe. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TOURISM, TURKEY news headlines and events