News “Negotiations with Turkey resume in mid-March.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
Swedish Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson said negotiations with Turkey on NATO membership for his country and Finland would resume in mid-March.
Prime Minister Kristersson raised the issue in an interview with Swedish public broadcaster SVT Aktuelt and said talks, suspended in January, would resume in mid-March.
Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said on Monday that the suspended talks would start soon, but did not give a date.
Turkey suspended talks last month on the grounds that Sweden failed to take adequate steps following protests by Danish politician Rasmus Paludan.
“Although Sweden’s ratification is delayed, we will be a member of NATO”
Finnish President Sauli Niinistö said today that Finland and Sweden are on the path to NATO membership “hand in hand”.
On the other hand, Niinistö added that the decision to approve the applications of the two Scandinavian countries remains with Turkey.
Sweden and Finland applied to join NATO after Russia’s invasion of Ukraine last year, but Sweden has faced objections from Turkey.
Accusing Stockholm of harboring people Turkey considers terrorists, Ankara is demanding their extradition as a move to give the green light to Sweden’s NATO membership.
“We go hand in hand with issues under our control,” Niinistö said. On the other hand, Niinistö added: “The verification is not in our hands.”
Speaking at a joint press conference with the prime ministers of Sweden and Norway at the Swedish government’s summer residence near Stockholm, Niinistö said that even if Sweden’s bid is delayed, Finland will continue on its path to join the alliance if Finland is approved.
The Finnish president also said he would sign the NATO membership bill, which is scheduled to be voted on February 28, if passed by lawmakers.
Once the parliaments of 30 NATO member countries approve the application, Finland will become a member, even if Sweden’s accession is delayed.
“If Turkey and Hungary approve Finland, we will become NATO members, as we demand,” Niinistö said.
broadcast by Voice of America “Negotiations with Turkey will resume in mid-March” in the news hourA-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news “Negotiations with Turkey resume in mid-March” is automatically posted on our website, as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this area “Negotiations with Turkey will resume in mid-March” The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- 182 million yuan investment in early childhood education in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region – WORLD
- 12 historical artifacts seized in the US returned to Turkish authorities with solemn ceremony in New York – WORLD
- Xi Jinping meets with Tunisian President Qais Said – WORLD
- We did not become the managing partner of the Gokhan Dogru office: “Digital entrepreneurs are focusing on the Netherlands” – WORLD
- Where you eat, shop, and enjoy may determine the political ads you see on social media
- GIANT APPLE TECHNOLOGY WRONG
- Signals of “normalization” of the Chinese economy are getting stronger – WORLD
- Bedrooms in the Twitter building
- Does China run police stations in the US? News. Last Minute Netherlands, UK, headlines and events
- News about fierce battles for the mining town of Soledar in Ukraine. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Russian news and events
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.