News from Sweden and Finland call Turkey for “NATO membership”. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TURKEY headlines and events
Finland expressed hope that Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu’s visit to the United States would give a positive impetus to their postponement of NATO membership due to the lack of support from Turkey and Hungary.
“We are still seeing very heated discussions on this issue,” Finnish Foreign Minister Pekka Haavisto told Reuters during the World Economic Forum in Davos.
The United States, which plays a key role in negotiations with NATO, has informed Congress that it is preparing to sell $20 billion worth of F-16 fighter jets to Turkey, according to information provided to Reuters by people familiar with the matter. It is noted that if the agreement is implemented, Ankara will soften its opposition to NATO membership of Sweden and Finland.
Referring to tomorrow’s meeting between Mevlut Cavusoglu and Anthony Blinken, Haavisto said: “The US cannot solve all the problems, but if Turkey and the US can agree on this military package that they are planning, it will be a good sign. If this package is given the green light, I hope that Sweden and Finland will join NATO. It will help you become a member,” he said.
Swedish Foreign Minister Tobias Bilström also told Reuters today that Parliament should proceed to approve Sweden’s and Finland’s proposals for NATO membership, as the two Scandinavian countries have honored the commitments they agreed with Turkey.
Referring to the tripartite agreement they signed with Turkey in the summer of 2022, Billström, who was present at the World Economic Forum in Davos, said: “We believe we have reached the point where Sweden and Finland have fulfilled their obligations under this agreement. and now it is time for the Turkish parliament to start the process of ratification.”
“We sincerely believe that we did what we were asked to do and see no reason why the approval process should not start,” the Swedish Foreign Minister said.
Sweden and Finland applied to join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) last year following the Russian invasion of Ukraine, but their proposals must be approved by all 30 NATO member states. Turkey and Hungary have not yet approved applications.
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said yesterday that the two Scandinavian countries must deport or extradite 130 “terrorists” to Turkey before their NATO membership applications are approved by the Turkish Grand National Assembly.
broadcast by Voice of America Call for “NATO membership” from Sweden and Finland to Turkey in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The call for NATO membership from Sweden and Finland to Turkey is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district Call for “NATO membership” from Sweden and Finland to Turkey The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- AI announcers at work in Egypt, Qatar and Kuwait – WORLD
- News “The war in Ukraine will slow down in winter.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- News “Greece is trying to present its problems with Turkey as Turkey-NATO, US, EU problems.” Last minute Greece news headlines and events
- Musk’s latest move: 1.2 billion accounts will be deleted
- Chilling statement from avian flu sufferers: For the first time someone has died!
- Cooperation Decision at the Saudi Arabia-China Summit – WORLD
- The number of patients with COVID-19 in critical condition in China exceeded 100 thousand – WORLD
- Renewal of the Customs Union – another spring? News. Last Minute EUROPE, ECONOMY, CURRENT, TURKEY headlines and events
- The decision to die from Saudi Arabia – WORLD
- Prominent American sports reporter dies in the line of duty in Qatar – WORLD
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.