News “Every hour five women are killed in the world.” Last minute AFRICA, ASIA, WORLD, CURRENT, TURKEY news headlines and events
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) and UN Women have released a comprehensive report on violence against women and girls around the world ahead of 25 November Day to End Violence against Women.
Home is a deadly place for many women and girls, according to a UN report. According to the report, 45,000 of the 81,000 women and girls who were deliberately killed globally last year, or about 56 percent, were killed by their close partners or other family members.
The report reminds us that violence against women and girls is one of the most pervasive human rights violations worldwide. The figures in the report also show that the total number of femicides has remained virtually unchanged over the past decade.
The report says that many of the many women and girls killed are not reflected in the numbers and not counted. It has been stated that there is not enough information to determine the death of about four out of every ten women and girls killed intentionally in 2021 as femicide.
While femicides are a problem in every country, the report also highlights regional disparities. Asia is said to be the continent with the highest number of gender-based homicides in the private sphere in 2021, while women and girls are at higher risk of being killed by their close partners or other family members in Africa.
Last year, the homicide rate for women and girls in Africa was estimated at 2.5 per cent per 100,000 female population. This figure is 1.4 percent in the Americas, 1.2 percent in Oceania, 0.8 percent in Asia, and 0.6 percent in Europe. The findings also show that the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 coincided with a significant increase in gender-based homicides in the private sphere in North America and, to a lesser extent, Western and Southern Europe.
The report highlights that gender-based killings, as well as other forms of violence against women and girls, are not inevitable. It was noted that these crimes could be prevented through measures such as early identification of women victims of violence, victim support and access to protection measures. The report also says that strengthening the collection of data on femicides is an important step.
“Murders of women and girls in Turkey have decreased”
The report also shared data about Turkey. It was reported that the number of murders of women and girls in 2021 decreased compared to 2020. Young women in Turkey have been documented taking many actions, including playing football, to end the violence.
Gada Wali, Executive Director of UNODC, said: “No woman or girl should fear for her life. To stop all gender-based killing of women and girls around the world, we need to count every victim and better understand the risks of femicide and develop more effective measures and interventions,” he said.
Seema Bacchus, Executive Director of UN Women, said: “Behind every femicide is the story of a single woman or girl who failed. These deaths are preventable. The tools and knowledge for this already exist. Women’s rights organizations are already tracking the data, advocating for policy change and accountability. “Now we need concerted action across society that realizes the right of women and girls to feel safe at home, on the streets and everywhere.”
broadcast by Voice of America Five women are killed every hour in the world in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news “Every hour five women are killed in the world” is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district Five women are killed every hour in the world The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- America’s smartest (and “stupidest”) presidents
- “US and Russian intelligence chiefs discuss sensitive issues at meeting in Turkey” News. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- 4 Signs Your Plants Need Care
- The EU has agreed on a maximum price for Russian oil of $60. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Japan and Germany will cooperate closely for economic security – WORLD
- What Americans searched most on Google in 2022
- Cold weather kills 57 in US, Canada and Mexico – WORLD
- News of the mobilization of assistance to victims of the earthquake in foreign missions of Turkey. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT, TURKEY news headlines and events
- New opportunities await the world with the development of China’s economy – WORLD
- Asian markets see selling trend – WORLD
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.