News “COVID-related deaths down 79 percent.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
The Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention announced that the number of critically ill cases of COVID-19, which peaked in the country earlier this month, has dropped by 72 percent, and daily deaths among COVID-19 patients in hospitals have dropped by 79 percent.
The numbers, published on the center’s website, come after a top government scientist said over the weekend that 80 percent of China’s 1,400 million people were already infected. This rules out the possibility of another major outbreak of COVID-19 in the next two to three months.
China abruptly ended its strict zero-COVID policy in early December after three years, and the number of infections soared in the world’s most populous country.
While officials say infections are at their peak, some global experts are warning cases could rise in less privileged rural areas as millions of Chinese travel to their hometowns to reunite with their families during the ongoing Lunar Holidays. New Year.
The CDC announced that the number of seriously ill patients in China peaked on Jan. 4 with 128,000 cases, but dropped to 36,000 on Jan. 23.
Meanwhile, the daily peak of deaths in hospitals reached 4,273 on January 4, which fell to 896 on January 23. If on December 22 the number of visits to polyclinics due to high temperature was 2 million 867 thousand, then on January 23 it decreased to 110 thousand, i.e. by 96.2 percent.
On December 22, 2022, the CDC announced that the number of infected and outpatient consultations reached its peak, when the number of new infections exceeded 7 million per day and amounted to 2 million 867 thousand.
The data comes after a National Health Commission official said last week that the number of critically ill COVID patients in fever clinics and emergency rooms in China had topped its peak.
On January 12, authorities announced that nearly 60,000 people infected with the COVID virus had died in hospitals since China lifted its strict zero-COVID policy.
But some experts say the numbers are well above the real numbers as those who die at home are not counted and many doctors are prohibited from listing COVID as the cause of death.
broadcast by Voice of America ‘COVID-related deaths down 79 percent’ in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news “COVID-related deaths down 79 percent” is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district ‘COVID-related deaths down 79 percent’ The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- The G7 countries will focus on strengthening Ukraine’s aviation systems against Russia. Last Minute GERMANY, Russia headlines and events
- Despite the massive redistricting advantage, Republicans are playing it safe
- Xi and Biden talked on the phone – WORLD
- The online sale of paracetamol is banned in France. Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT headlines and events
- Angelina Jolie steps down as UN Special Representative. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Fuel price caps discontinued
- ECB: risks to financial stability have increased – WORLD
- IMF calls for France’s ‘fiscal policy’
- China’s current account surplus continues to rise – WORLD
- The veteran senator is third in line for president