News “An investigation into the case of the puppet action will not be initiated.” Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, POLITICS, TURKEY headlines and events
The Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet reported that a Swedish prosecutor announced last week that there would be no official investigation into the hanging of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s puppet from a street lamp in the capital Stockholm last week.
Video footage of President Erdogan’s life-size puppet being hung in front of Stockholm City Hall last week sparked an outcry in Ankara. The Swedish Ambassador was summoned to the Foreign Ministry on Thursday and demanded that the perpetrators be brought to justice.
However, the Swedish prosecutor decided that the puppet act was not punishable under Swedish law.
In a statement to the Aftonbladet newspaper, prosecutor Lukas Eriksson said: “I took this lawsuit as an insult, but I thought it was not something that amounted to an insult. I decided not to start a preliminary investigation.”
Sweden, which applied to join NATO after Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, is waiting for Turkey’s approval to join the alliance. Ankara, on the other hand, stresses that Sweden needs to take a clearer stance on what it considers terrorists, mostly Kurdish fighters, and those responsible for the 2016 coup attempt.
Finland and Sweden signed a trilateral agreement with Turkey in 2022 to address Ankara’s objections to the two countries’ NATO membership.
Last week, Swedish Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson, who condemned the puppet action, said the action sabotaged Sweden’s attempt to join NATO.
broadcast by Voice of America “There will be no investigation of the puppet action” in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news “No puppet action will be investigated” is automatically posted on our website, as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district “There will be no investigation of the puppet action” The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Recession indicator in the US bond market reaches historic levels – WORLD
- More nuclear scare news from Russia. Last Minute GERMANY, Russia headlines and events
- Guzman took over Mexico returns in Battlefield news. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- News of Assange’s appeal to the ECtHR. Latest UK headlines and events
- EU countries have agreed on coordinated measures for passengers from China. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TOURISM headlines and events
- Deputy Minister resigned because of corruption!
- News “180 Rohingya Muslims may have died at sea.” Last Minute ASIA, WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- News that Marders will be delivered to Ukraine instead of Greece. Last Minute GERMANY, Greece headlines and events
- Bedrooms in the Twitter building