News about the mandatory testing of passengers arriving from China to Germany. Last Minute GERMANY, Belgium, France, England, Spain headlines and events
Following China’s decision to ease its zero-COVID policy and reopen its borders, Germany introduced testing of travelers from China on Jan. 8.
Health Minister Karl Lauterbach has announced that all passengers flying from China to Germany will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test, and those who cannot present it will be required to be tested at airports. “Random tests will also be carried out at the entrance to identify variants of the virus and analysis of aircraft wastewater,” the minister said.
Lauterbach also said that the rules for entering Germany from airports will be changed soon for said application.
The Minister of Health added that all travelers to and from China are advised to wear medical masks.
On the last day of 2022, Lauterbach, who was assessing the need for COVID-19 testing for passengers arriving from China to Germany by air, said he met with European Union (EU) Health Commissioner Stella Kyriakides. on the matter and said, “In the current situation, the options we see are the known options. “Such testing requirements are not needed yet,” he said. Lauterbach noted that the EU should act in concert on this issue.
Referring to the EU travel advice to China announced last night following the new decision, the minister called it a “good decision”.
In a statement made by the European Council, which Sweden presides over, passengers were not expressly required to be tested for COVID-19. However, it was stated that EU countries also “strongly recommend” requesting a negative test 48 hours before departure from all passengers from China.
In addition to Germany, other EU countries such as Belgium and Sweden have announced mandatory tests.
According to the decision, those arriving in Sweden from China must take a negative test within three weeks from Saturday and initially.
EU countries such as France, Italy and Spain have also recently decided that passengers from China must provide a negative coronavirus test.
The UK noted that from today, people traveling on direct flights from China will be asked to take a COVID-19 test before departure. From January 8, passengers from China will be required to be tested upon arrival.
Warning XBB.1.5 from Germany
On the other hand, German Health Minister Karl Lauterbach, speaking about a new variant of COVID-19, XBB.1.5, causing concern around the world, said that the variant caused an increase in infections in the United States. , and said: “We will be watching closely to see if you see the XXB.1.5 in Germany. We see,” he said.
The minister said that XXB.1.5 has so far been found in 29 countries, including Europe.
In the last week of 2022, 40.5% of new coronavirus infections were new subvariants, according to information provided by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Many health experts have said that it is only a matter of time before XXB.1.5 appears in Germany and said that the new variant has overcome the immunity caused by the previous disease and its infectivity is high.
broadcast by Voice of America Obligation to test passengers arriving from China to Germany in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The testing obligation for passengers from China to Germany is automatically published on our website as it comes from the VOA website. in this area Obligation to test passengers arriving from China to Germany The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- 5 tips for those who want to become a social entrepreneur
- Prince Harry’s Controversial Book ‘The Replacement’ Market News. Latest UK headlines and events
- Zelensky and the head of the European Commission von der Leyen discussed a new package of sanctions against Russia – MIR
- Multinational companies express confidence in China – WORLD
- NATO: China’s supply of weapons to Russia would be a “historical mistake”
- Is settlement building in Syria population engineering? News. News headlines and events from Last Minute France
- Record news in defense spending in Europe. Last Minute GERMANY, Russia, Greece headlines and events
- EU to provide more support to green industry – WORLD
- Illegal migration to America takes lives. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- News about North Korea’s continued missile tests. Last Minute WORLDWIDE, CURRENT, POLITICAL news headlines and events
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.