News about the decision of the EU court for those whose holidays are affected by Covid-19. Last Minute EUROPE, Austria, France, CURRENT, Netherlands, Spain headlines and events
The Court of Justice of the European Union (EU) has ruled that a holiday package purchased can be discounted for those who are subject to the measures and restrictions imposed due to the Covid-19 outbreak.
The European Court of Justice, the EU’s highest court headquartered in Luxembourg, has ruled in a case against a travel company that sells holiday packages to Germany.
In the decision “Passengers whose trips are affected by the measures to combat the Covid-19 epidemic may be entitled to a discount in the price of the trip.” statement has been included. The court ruled that the holiday package directives impose strict liability on organizers.
About the case
2 people in Germany from a travel company. He has purchased a two-week holiday starting March 13, 2020 in the Greater Canary Islands in Spain. While these people were on their second day of vacation, strict COVID-19 measures were put in place on the island, they could not use any facility facilities, leaving their rooms only for eating. The tour ended earlier than planned on March 20 and these people returned to Germany.
The two people demanded a 70 percent discount from the tour operator on the package price on the grounds that their vacation was short and they could not use the hotel’s facilities.
The organizing company does not accept discounts and returns. The mentioned persons also initiated legal proceedings in Germany on this issue, and the German court referred the case to the European Court of Justice.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Is settlement building in Syria population engineering? News. News headlines and events from Last Minute France
- News “One in five employees is a victim of violence and harassment in the workplace.” Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- Hydroelectric power plant in China – WORLD
- News Griner in prison in Mordovia, Russia. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- The North American Leaders’ Summit begins in the shadow of news about the energy conflict. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- At least 26 murders per day in Venezuela last year. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- Finnish Defense Minister travels to Ankara news. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TURKEY headlines and events
- News about the beginning of the EU embargo on Russian oil. Last Minute GERMANY, Russia headlines and events
- News “I will die when you watch this video.” News headlines and events from Last Minute France
- News “180 Rohingya Muslims may have died at sea.” Last Minute ASIA, WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events