News about the decision of the EU court for those whose holidays are affected by Covid-19. Last Minute EUROPE, Austria, France, CURRENT, Netherlands, Spain headlines and events
The Court of Justice of the European Union (EU) has ruled that a holiday package purchased can be discounted for those who are subject to the measures and restrictions imposed due to the Covid-19 outbreak.
The European Court of Justice, the EU’s highest court headquartered in Luxembourg, has ruled in a case against a travel company that sells holiday packages to Germany.
In the decision “Passengers whose trips are affected by the measures to combat the Covid-19 epidemic may be entitled to a discount in the price of the trip.” statement has been included. The court ruled that the holiday package directives impose strict liability on organizers.
About the case
2 people in Germany from a travel company. He has purchased a two-week holiday starting March 13, 2020 in the Greater Canary Islands in Spain. While these people were on their second day of vacation, strict COVID-19 measures were put in place on the island, they could not use any facility facilities, leaving their rooms only for eating. The tour ended earlier than planned on March 20 and these people returned to Germany.
The two people demanded a 70 percent discount from the tour operator on the package price on the grounds that their vacation was short and they could not use the hotel’s facilities.
The organizing company does not accept discounts and returns. The mentioned persons also initiated legal proceedings in Germany on this issue, and the German court referred the case to the European Court of Justice.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Burmese pythons, and other invasive animals, are devouring competition in Florida
- 100 million passengers carried on the Spring Festival – WORLD
- China leads in patent applications, but lags US and Europe in value added – GLOBAL
- Chinese around the world enthusiastically celebrate the New Year – WORLD
- China simplifies land and sea customs clearance – WORLD
- Iran executed two more protesters with Hanging News. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Assistance to half a million people in Turkey and Syria from WFP. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- Former UK Prime Minister Truss in Taiwan – WORLD
- It was reported that 9 soldiers died in 2 military helicopters that crashed in the United States – MIR
- The Swedish Ambassador was summoned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs because of the protest. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.