News about Russia’s call to avoid complex operations. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
Russia called on Turkey to refrain from a full-scale ground operation in Syria.
Speaking after a meeting on Syria held in Kazakhstan’s capital Astana, which included Russia, Turkey and Iran, senior Russian negotiator Alexander Lavrentyev said such actions could escalate violence.
Turkish and Russian officials who gathered in Nur-Sultan, the capital of Kazakhstan, in 2017 launched the “Astana Process” to resolve the Syrian crisis. Iran later joined Turkey and Russia and became the third guarantor country.
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has signaled in his statements over the past two days that a ground operation will be launched in northern Syria. In his speech at today’s meeting of the AKP parliamentary group, Erdogan named the targets of this operation Tel Rifat, Manbij and Ain al-Arab.
“We hope that our words will be heard by Ankara and another solution to the conflict will be found,” Russian negotiator Lavrentyev said.
Lavrentyev said that the United States is following a destructive path in northern Syria, and noted that the solution of the Kurdish issue will become an important element in stabilizing the situation in the region.
Lavrentiev also said: “The Kurds are the captives of the US. I am sure that without the presence of the US, the Kurdish problem would have been solved very quickly.”
The US is cooperating with the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), led by the Kurdish YPG militia, to fight ISIS in Syria. This situation leads to important disagreements with Turkey.
In a joint statement released after talks in Kazakhstan, Russia, Turkey and Iran pledged to continue to oppose separatist plans to undermine Syria’s sovereignty and territorial integrity and threaten the national security of neighboring countries through cross-border attacks or infiltration.
Lavrentyev said the parties discussed the idea of including China as an observer in the Astana talks. Although Iran supports this proposal, Turkey is still in the evaluation phase.
broadcast by Voice of America Urges Russia to avoid complex operations in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. News about the Russian call to avoid complex operations is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district Urges Russia to avoid complex operations The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Air pollution news from the European Environment Agency. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT headlines and events
- IMF calls for France’s ‘fiscal policy’
- President Erdogan received Indian Ambassador Paul
- Turkish Tea Culture Listed by UNESCO
- Postal sector revenue rises to $113 billion in 7 months – WORLD
- News “We do not want any action in Syria.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Recession indicator in the US bond market reaches historic levels – WORLD
- Qatar agreed to sell LNG to Germany. Last Minute GERMANY, Berlin, Russia headlines and events
- Meeting of Chinese and US Defense Ministers – WORLD
- Today launched the first freight train China-Kyrgyzstan-Uzbekistan – WORLD