News about Kirby’s “Forbidden VOA” response to the Taliban. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
John Kirby, strategic communications coordinator for the White House National Security Council, reacted to the Taliban’s suspension of VOA radio broadcasts in Afghanistan. In an interview with VOA, Kirby said they would continue to fight for freedom of the press.
The Taliban government has banned FM broadcasts by Voice of America and Radio Free Europe (RFE/RL), which broadcast in Afghanistan at US expense, on the grounds that they violate local laws.
Assessing the ban, Kirby noted that the Taliban wanted normal diplomatic relations and legitimacy with countries around the world, including the United States, but said the ban was not up to the mark.
John Kirby said: “In addition to peaceful protests, we stand for freedom of the press and free, reliable and permanent access of citizens to information and news. So this kind of statement is absolutely contrary to our larger goals, not only there, but throughout the world, ”he said.
“We will continue to fight for freedom of the press and for the right of citizens around the world to have access to the press and news information,” Kirby said.
In a written statement he sent to VOA, Taliban foreign ministry spokesman Abdul Kahar Balki said: “Every broadcaster that has Afghanistan’s press laws and repeatedly violates those laws will be stripped of their privileges to broadcast and report from Afghanistan. “.
Balki said: Voice of America and Radio Azadi did not comply with these laws, repeatedly broke the laws, were not professional, and therefore they were banned from broadcasting.
In a statement issued after the broadcast ban went into effect, VOA noted that the Taliban takeover of VOA’s FM and mediumwave transmitters violated a multi-year contract and that the ban had hit a broad audience, which used radio as a medium. source of news and data without censorship.
broadcast by Voice of America Kirby’s “Forbidden VOA” response to the Taliban in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. Kirby’s Taleban “No VOA” Response is automatically posted to our website because it comes from the VOA site. in this district Kirby’s “Forbidden VOA” response to the Taliban The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Loser Businessman of 2022 Elon Musk News. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Patriotic promise to Ukraine from the Prime Minister of the Netherlands. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Netherlands headlines and events
- News about the January 6 Congress attack benchmark and calls for “Bolsonaro’s return”. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Iran’s allegation of London’s “destructive role in the protests”. Latest UK headlines and events
- News about the decision of the EU court for those whose holidays are affected by Covid-19. Last Minute EUROPE, Austria, France, CURRENT, Netherlands, Spain headlines and events
- Musk announced that the US wants to close 250 thousand accounts – WORLD
- Honor killing: young woman’s body found in suitcase!
- Prince Harry’s Controversial Book ‘The Replacement’ Market News. Latest UK headlines and events
- Bashar al-Assad: “We are waiting for action!” – Kent News Agency
- Will the F-16 be delivered to Ukraine? News. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Netherlands, Russia, headlines and events