News about Kirby’s “Forbidden VOA” response to the Taliban. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
John Kirby, strategic communications coordinator for the White House National Security Council, reacted to the Taliban’s suspension of VOA radio broadcasts in Afghanistan. In an interview with VOA, Kirby said they would continue to fight for freedom of the press.
The Taliban government has banned FM broadcasts by Voice of America and Radio Free Europe (RFE/RL), which broadcast in Afghanistan at US expense, on the grounds that they violate local laws.
Assessing the ban, Kirby noted that the Taliban wanted normal diplomatic relations and legitimacy with countries around the world, including the United States, but said the ban was not up to the mark.
John Kirby said: “In addition to peaceful protests, we stand for freedom of the press and free, reliable and permanent access of citizens to information and news. So this kind of statement is absolutely contrary to our larger goals, not only there, but throughout the world, ”he said.
“We will continue to fight for freedom of the press and for the right of citizens around the world to have access to the press and news information,” Kirby said.
In a written statement he sent to VOA, Taliban foreign ministry spokesman Abdul Kahar Balki said: “Every broadcaster that has Afghanistan’s press laws and repeatedly violates those laws will be stripped of their privileges to broadcast and report from Afghanistan. “.
Balki said: Voice of America and Radio Azadi did not comply with these laws, repeatedly broke the laws, were not professional, and therefore they were banned from broadcasting.
In a statement issued after the broadcast ban went into effect, VOA noted that the Taliban takeover of VOA’s FM and mediumwave transmitters violated a multi-year contract and that the ban had hit a broad audience, which used radio as a medium. source of news and data without censorship.
broadcast by Voice of America Kirby’s “Forbidden VOA” response to the Taliban in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. Kirby’s Taleban “No VOA” Response is automatically posted to our website because it comes from the VOA site. in this district Kirby’s “Forbidden VOA” response to the Taliban The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- UN increases aid to earthquake victims. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- UN calls for ‘wide-ranging international support’ for Somalia
- Zelensky submitted to parliament a decision to impose sanctions against Iran for 50 years – WORLD
- Good news for pilgrims: there are no age and age restrictions this year!
- Over the past 7 years in Canada, 9 prisoners committed suicide by euthanasia – WORLD
- Janik presented his global brand at exhibitions in Germany – WORLD
- The war between Ukraine and Russia unites the countries of the EU and the Western Balkans at the summit. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Russian news and events
- UN says more than 2 million people will be food insecure in Chad in 2022 – WORLD
- WTO: “China is the engine of the world economy” – WORLD
- Chinese e-commerce giant Meituan prepares digital yuan for the New Year – WORLD
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.