News “50 thousand migrants died for a better life.” Last minute AFRICA, ASIA, WORLD, CURRENT news headlines and events
In its comprehensive report, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) of the UN estimated the number of deaths of immigrants who died trying to flee their countries to developed countries in search of a better life.
The latest report prepared by the International Organization for Migration’s Missing Migrants project says that 50,000 immigrants have died on the road with the hope of a new life since 2014.
Most of the deaths were said to be due to minor actions taken by the country of transit or destination.
It was stated that the nationality of more than 30,000 people involved in the Missing Migrants project, who allegedly died or disappeared, could not be established. It was said that this number meant that more than 60 per cent of those who died along the migration routes could not be identified, and that thousands of families, unaware of the fate of their relatives, were left alone to seek answers to their questions. questions.
According to the report, more than 9,000 missing migrants whose nationality can be identified are in Africa, more than 6,500 in Asia and more than 3,000 in the Americas.
The International Organization for Migration said many people, especially from the three countries of Afghanistan, Syria and Myanmar, had to leave their homes to seek asylum abroad.
The report highlighted that more than half of the 50,000 documented deaths occurred on roads leading to Europe and that at least 25,104 people died in the Mediterranean.
According to the report, at least 16,000 people went missing and died en route to Europe, lost at sea and whose bodies have never been found.
Africa is the second most deadly region for people on the move, the report says, with more than 9,000 migration-related deaths since 2014. It was also noted that regional household surveys show that these figures are clearly underestimated.
The report states that there were 7,000 deaths in the United States, of which 4,694 attempted to enter the United States. The U.S.-Mexico border alone has recorded more than 4,000 deaths since 2014.
Asia was said to have recorded 6,200 deaths. Children make up more than 11 percent of the lives lost on migratory routes in Asia, according to the report. This number was noted to be the highest in any region. It was stated that 436 of the 717 children who died in the region on the migration route were Rohingya refugee children.
At least 1,315 people were recorded as having died on migratory routes in Western Asia, most of which occurred in conflict countries, making it extremely difficult to document the disappearances.
At least 522 people from the Horn of Africa were said to have died in Yemen, and 264 Syrians were killed trying to cross the Turkish border.
“While there are thousands of deaths on migratory routes each year, little is being done to address, let alone prevent, the consequences of these tragedies,” said Julia Black, one of the report’s authors.
broadcast by Voice of America “50 thousand immigrants died for a better life” in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news “50,000 immigrants died for a better life” is automatically posted on our website as it arrives from the Voice of America website. in this district “50 thousand immigrants died for a better life” The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- China opens its borders to tourists in three years. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- News of coal mine approval years later in England. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, UK headlines and events
- In Italy, 1 German was detained in connection with a group allegedly planning a coup d’état in Germany. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT headlines and events
- International Index Report – WORLD
- “We will become a member of NATO even if Sweden’s approval is delayed.” Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Russian news and events
- From the European Union of Turkish Journalists to RTÜK: we will not be silent! News. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT headlines and events
- The world population is estimated at more than 8 billion people. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT, WEBTV news headlines and events
- Confirmation of the offshore launch of China’s largest solid-propellant launch vehicle – MIR
- News about the escape of migrants on a plane that made an emergency landing in Spain. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Spain headlines and events
- Tourism revived in China – WORLD
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.