News “180 Rohingya Muslims may have died at sea.” Last Minute ASIA, WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) said there was no news of a moored boat in late November and they estimate that all 180 people on board have died.
UNHCR noted that cracks in the boat may have begun to form as early as December, before it lost contact with the outside world.
According to the statement, it is not known where the boat left from, but three Rohingyas, including a man whose family was on the boat, said the boat left Bangladesh.
UNHCR spokesman Babar Baloch said about 200 Rohingyas are believed to have died at sea this year or are missing. “We hope that the 180 people who were not heard from are still alive somewhere,” Baloch said.
UNHCR spokesman Baloch said 2022 will be one of the years with the most casualties or casualties at sea after 2013 and 2014.
In 2013 and 2014, 1,600 Rohingyas who were forced to leave their homeland as a result of intercommunal violence died or went missing in the Andaman Sea and the Bay of Bengal.
Nearly 1 million Rohingyas from Myanmar are struggling to survive in overcrowded institutions in Bangladesh, where the majority of the population is Muslim.
These refugees include tens of thousands of Rohingyas who fled the country after the Myanmar army’s bloody raids in 2017.
The loss of life is connected with the fact that refugees are trying to escape from the adverse conditions they are subjected to in camps in Bangladesh.
Human rights groups estimate that the number of people leaving Bangladesh by boat this year has more than quintupled compared to the previous year, approaching 2,400. It is unclear whether the lifting of COVID restrictions in Southeast Asia played a role in this rise.
In Myanmar, where the majority of the population is Buddhist, most Rohingyas are denied citizenship and considered illegal immigrants from South Asia.
broadcast by Voice of America 180 Rohingya Muslims may have died at sea in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news “180 Rohingya Muslims may have died at sea” is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this area 180 Rohingya Muslims may have died at sea The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Warning news for those who are going to Turkey for health tourism. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, UK, HEALTH, HEALTH, TURKEY news headlines and events
- Finland wants to become a NATO member at the same time as Sweden. Last Minute UK, Russia headlines and events
- UK not seeking Swiss-style deal with EU
- Critical news of the visit from Berlin to Ankara. Last Minute GERMANY, Austria, Berlin, Russia, Greece headlines and events
- News of three life sentences in the MH17 case. Last Minute EUROPE, Belgium, CURRENT, Netherlands, Russia headlines and events
- China commodity index hits 5-month high – WORLD
- More nuclear scare news from Russia. Last Minute GERMANY, Russia headlines and events
- Secret documents found in Biden’s former office. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- $5 billion on the way from Saudi Arabia to CBRT – WORLD
- The winner of the first round of elections in South Cyprus is the news of Christodoulidis. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.