NEW YORK EXCHANGE IS CLOSED IN AUTUMN
As a result of trading, the Dow Jones index fell by 0.22 percent to 33,147.25 points. The S&P 500 fell 0.25% to 3839.50 and the Nasdaq dropped 0.11% to 10466.48. Indices on the American Stock Exchange fell on the last trading day of this year. While Wall Street has put its worst year since 2008 behind it, investors’ reassessment of growth prospects and monetary policy has been effective in a negative stock market. High inflation, Russia’s war in Ukraine and aggressive interest rate hikes by the US Federal Reserve (Fed) have undermined growth and tech stocks in 2022, eroding investor confidence, analysts said. Noting that investor fears linger as we enter the new year, analysts said recessionary fears are intensifying. While the three major indexes posted their first annual decline since 2018, the Dow Jones fell 8.9 percent, the S&P 500 fell 19.7 percent and the Nasdaq fell 33.5 percent during 2022. Thus, the indices recorded the largest annual decline since the 2008 financial crisis.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News of the conference on donations of victims of the earthquake from the EU on March 16. Last Minute EUROPE, BELGIUM, ECONOMY, TURKEY headlines and events
- TikTok ban in UK and Scottish parliaments – WORLD
- The second warmest winter in Europe – MIR
- Over the past 7 years in Canada, 9 prisoners committed suicide by euthanasia – WORLD
- $5 billion investment from Saudi Arabia to the Central Bank
- İSTİB Chairman Kopuz: “We must create a sustainable food ecosystem” – WORLD
- News “The United States still has not received a notification of a new START treaty from Russia.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- More than 100 ships detained in the strait – MIR
- News “Turkey increases the number of outposts in northern Iraq.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Ukraine resists despite intense clashes in Soledar. Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT, UK, Russia headlines and events