NEW YORK EXCHANGE IS CLOSED IN AUTUMN
As a result of trading, the Dow Jones index fell by 0.22 percent to 33,147.25 points. The S&P 500 fell 0.25% to 3839.50 and the Nasdaq dropped 0.11% to 10466.48. Indices on the American Stock Exchange fell on the last trading day of this year. While Wall Street has put its worst year since 2008 behind it, investors’ reassessment of growth prospects and monetary policy has been effective in a negative stock market. High inflation, Russia’s war in Ukraine and aggressive interest rate hikes by the US Federal Reserve (Fed) have undermined growth and tech stocks in 2022, eroding investor confidence, analysts said. Noting that investor fears linger as we enter the new year, analysts said recessionary fears are intensifying. While the three major indexes posted their first annual decline since 2018, the Dow Jones fell 8.9 percent, the S&P 500 fell 19.7 percent and the Nasdaq fell 33.5 percent during 2022. Thus, the indices recorded the largest annual decline since the 2008 financial crisis.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- China to build 2,500 kilometers of high-speed rail in 2023 – WORLD
- Operations in the Chinese foreign exchange market in February exceeded $3 billion – WORLD
- Türk Expo received more than 5 thousand visitors in 3 days – WORLD
- Elon Musk lost a huge fortune in a year – WORLD
- “Are the Turkish Armed Forces preparing for a ground operation in Syria?” News. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- The proposal to digitalize applications for a Schengen visa was adopted in the European Parliament. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TOURISM headlines and events
- 10 amazing facts about chameleons
- There was an earthquake with a magnitude of 6.6. – WORLD
- China’s state-owned central enterprises revenue up 8.3 percent – WORLD
- News from the US to Turkey to confirm NATO membership of Sweden and Finland. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.