Messages of help and solidarity from the EU and NATO. Last Minute EUROPE, Austria, Belgium, France, CURRENT, Netherlands, England, Spain, Russia, Greece headlines and events
The countries of the European Union and NATO have announced that they will send aid to Turkey by issuing condolences in connection with the strong earthquake that affected 10 provinces of Turkey.
“We stand in full solidarity with our ally Turkey following this terrible earthquake,” NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg tweeted. Claiming that he had been in contact with President Erdogan and Foreign Minister Cavusoglu, Stoltenberg wrote: “NATO allies are now mobilizing support.”
European Union (EU) Commissioner for Crisis Management Janez Lenarcic also announced that they have activated the Civil Protection Mechanism after the earthquake in Turkey this morning and teams from the Netherlands and Romania have set off.
“The EU Emergency Response Coordination Center is coordinating the deployment of rescue teams from Europe,” Lenarcic tweeted. Teams from the Netherlands and Romania are already on their way,” he wrote.
Charles Michel, President of the European Council, said: “It is with deep sadness that I heard the news of the devastating earthquake that hit parts of Turkey and Syria this morning. I express my deepest condolences to the many families of the victims and wish the wounded a speedy recovery. The EU is in full solidarity with you,” he said.
EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs Josep Borrell said: “Hundreds of people died and many were injured in the devastating earthquake that rocked Turkey and Syria this morning. Our thoughts are with the people of Turkey and Syria. The EU is ready to help,” he said.
European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen also expressed her condolences, saying: “Support for Europe is on the way and we stand ready to continue to help in every way we can.”
French President Emmanuel Macron also tweeted: “We are receiving horrific images from Turkey and Syria following an earthquake of unprecedented magnitude. France is ready to provide emergency assistance to the population at the scene. Our hearts go out to the families of the victims,” he wrote.
The British Prime Minister also delivered a message of solidarity. “This morning my thoughts are with the people of Turkey and Syria, especially the first responders who are courageously working to save those stranded during the earthquake,” Rishi Sunak said in a message posted on Twitter. Sunak added that his country is ready to provide any assistance.
German Chancellor Olaf Scholz said: “It is with deep concern that we follow the news of the earthquake that occurred near the Turkish-Syrian border. The death toll continues to rise. those who are under the rubble. Germany will definitely send support.”
broadcast by Voice of America Messages of help and solidarity from the EU and NATO in the news hourA-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. Messages of aid and solidarity from the EU and NATO are automatically posted on our website as they arrive from the VOA website. in this area Messages of help and solidarity from the EU and NATO The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Russian actors imitate Macron and fool Dude Last Minute EUROPE, France, NOW, Russia headlines and events
- News of the US call for the opening of the Lachin corridor. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Earthquake shares news from Madonna and Metallica. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Deputy Minister resigned because of corruption!
- What do Muscovites think in the first year of the war? News. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- News “Global recession will hit Europe hardest.” Last Minute GERMANY, France, England, Russia headlines and events
- News from the EU-Ukraine Summit “Under the Sirens” in Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine. Last Minute EUROPE, France, Netherlands, Spain, Russia, Greece headlines and events
- News that Trump may use Facebook and Instagram again. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Davos growth forecasts for Asian countries released – WORLD
- The number of the extremely poor is on the rise in Latin America. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.