Journalists in Brussels: “Journalism is not a crime!” tell the news. Last Minute EUROPE, Belgium, CURRENT headlines and events
European Union of Turkish Journalists (ATGB), January 8, at Schuman Square behind the European Union Commission and in the middle of the EU buildings in Brussels: “Freedom of the press in Turkey…
The European Union of Turkish Journalists (ATGB) announced on January 8 in Brussels, on Shuman Square behind the European Union Commission and in the midst of the EU buildings, “Journalism is not a crime” to respond to “press freedom violations and the new censorship law in Turkey.”
The ATGB, which has been active across Europe since 2002, will shout to the world that “journalism is not a crime” and let journalists in Turkey see that they are not alone. “With the media in Turkey under government control and independent and freelance journalists being silenced by the new censorship law, we could not remain silent.
Sunday, January 8
We are at Schumann Square at 14.00. This was stated by the leaders of the ATGB, calling on all democrats in Europe to attend the event in Brussels. At the event, the chairman of the union, Rechay Aksu, will make a public statement in 5 languages, drawing attention to violations of press freedom and the new censorship law in Turkey.
The event, colored by the music of artists Kenan Erer and Tanar Çatalpınar, will carry various posters raising awareness of press freedom and caricatures of cartoonist union members Erdoğan Karayel, Hayati Boyacioğlu and Ismail Doğan, while journalists will play a small theatrical performance showing the struggle with censorship.
Details that the event is organized on the occasion of January 10th, Working Journalist’s Day. It is reported that it is available by phone +32477780919 and +49 172 2356260 and by phone.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- International Index Report – WORLD
- News about the escape of migrants on a plane that made an emergency landing in Spain. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Spain headlines and events
- Over 500 protest news from Venezuelan teachers. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Blinken’s call for de-escalation in the West Bank. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- On this Election Day, millions of Americans will not be voting in English
- 7 important life lessons about money and finance
- Iranian brothers living in Sweden have been charged with spying for Russia.
- Another reference to the nuclear war news from Moscow. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, POLITICS, Russian news, news headlines and events
- China is among the top ten most successful countries in the development of the Internet – WORLD
- News of the death sentence for a British citizen from Iran. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, UK headlines and events