Iran published “Confession on the death penalty one Akbari”. Latest UK headlines and events
Iranian state media released a video of Alireza Akbari, a British citizen of Iranian origin, who was sentenced to death on charges of espionage. In the released video, Akbari says Iran, which was assassinated in 2020, played a role in the assassination of the most senior nuclear scientist.
However, in an audio recording of Akbari’s speech, broadcast yesterday by the British BBC Persian Service, Akbari explains that he was tortured for months during his detention so that he could confess to the crime.
Akbari, who also briefly served as Iran’s deputy defense minister, was sentenced to death for the crime brought against him and for spying for Britain.
Although the UK has announced that Akbari’s death sentence was an unfair and political decision, it has yet to comment on the footage.
In a video released by Iranian state media, Akbari said: “The British wanted to be aware of important events. For example, a British agent asked me if the nuclear scientist Fakhrizadeh was involved in these projects, and I said: “Why not?”
Iranian nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh was killed in a terrorist attack near Tehran in 2020. The scientist was considered by Western intelligence services to be the head of Iran’s secret nuclear program, the existence of which he did not recognize.
Iranian state media often publishes videos of confessions of people accused of political affairs.
However, in an audio recording released by the BBC, Akbari said: “I was interrogated and tortured for more than 3,500 hours in 10 months. “They threatened to kill me with a gun and asked me to come to terms with what I didn’t do,” she says.
Akbari is known to have been close to Ali Shamkhani, secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council, when he served as deputy defense minister from 1997 to 2005.
In its latest statement regarding Akbari, the Iranian intelligence ministry said: “Akbari was one of the most important British intelligence agents in Iran and had access to extremely important points.” The ministry accused Akbari of passing classified information to British intelligence.
broadcast by Voice of America Iran releases confession to Akbari’s death sentence in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news that Iran is publishing Akbari’s “Death Penalty Confession Number One” is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the VOA website. in this district Iran releases confession to Akbari’s death sentence The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Developed countries use child labor the most in the supply chain. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- ECB: risks to financial stability have increased – WORLD
- News of at least 1,444 deaths. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Reconstruction of the cruise port of Nassau in the Bahamas entered the final stage – WORLD
- The US delegation made contacts in the China news. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Iran: news “The West has a finger in the protests.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Russia’s decision to send nuclear weapons to Belarus is ‘irresponsible’, say NATO, EU
- Bridge collapses in Korea: 1 killed, 1 injured
- Echoes of Elections in Asia – WORLD
- Who is Viktor Bout, the “merchant of death” traded by the US? News. Last Minute AFRICA, Russia headlines and events
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.