International Markets – WORLD – World Journal of Economics
international marketsUsed home sales in the US fell 1.5 percent on a monthly basis in December last year, to the lowest level since November 2010, due to the impact of high mortgage interest rates.Used home sales in the US fell 1.5 percent on a monthly basis in December last year, to the lowest level since November 2010, due to the impact of high mortgage interest rates. On the other hand, the Fed’s chief executive Christopher WallerReiterating that they are in favor of raising interest rates by 25 basis points at the next meeting, as in market expectations, she also said that a soft landing is possible in the economy. He said that the role of the US dollar as a reserve currency could be damaged. Last week the President of the European Central Bank Christine Lagarde He said monetary policy makers should not give up the fight, even when inflation appears to have peaked. Speaking at the World Economic Forum in Davos on January 20, Lagarde said: “We must also continue this resilience process, which we watched. in 2022. My password for monetary policy is “Don’t change your route,” he said. In the new week, statements made by many officials of the European Central Bank may continue to influence the markets. On the other hand, Eurozone data may provide insight into the state of the economy. The closely watched German Ifo business climate index data is expected to show improvement in the second month.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- MINISTER YANIK CELEBRATED THE NEW YEAR OF UKRAINIAN CHILDREN – WORLD
- News Griner in prison in Mordovia, Russia. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Today launched the first freight train China-Kyrgyzstan-Uzbekistan – WORLD
- How much is a software developer salary? | ListList.com
- Iran has executed another person on charges of espionage. Latest UK headlines and events
- News about the $1.7 billion demand for Venezuelan immigrants. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Investor confidence in Germany exceeded expectations – WORLD
- Instant retail sales to exceed 1 trillion yuan in China
- Journalists in Brussels: “Journalism is not a crime!” tell the news. Last Minute EUROPE, Belgium, CURRENT headlines and events
- Airlines in Spain have gone on strike and about 70 flights have been canceled. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Spain, TOURISM headlines and events