International Markets – WORLD – World Journal of Economics
international marketsUsed home sales in the US fell 1.5 percent on a monthly basis in December last year, to the lowest level since November 2010, due to the impact of high mortgage interest rates.Used home sales in the US fell 1.5 percent on a monthly basis in December last year, to the lowest level since November 2010, due to the impact of high mortgage interest rates. On the other hand, the Fed’s chief executive Christopher WallerReiterating that they are in favor of raising interest rates by 25 basis points at the next meeting, as in market expectations, she also said that a soft landing is possible in the economy. He said that the role of the US dollar as a reserve currency could be damaged. Last week the President of the European Central Bank Christine Lagarde He said monetary policy makers should not give up the fight, even when inflation appears to have peaked. Speaking at the World Economic Forum in Davos on January 20, Lagarde said: “We must also continue this resilience process, which we watched. in 2022. My password for monetary policy is “Don’t change your route,” he said. In the new week, statements made by many officials of the European Central Bank may continue to influence the markets. On the other hand, Eurozone data may provide insight into the state of the economy. The closely watched German Ifo business climate index data is expected to show improvement in the second month.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Twitter expects a sharp drop in revenue – WORLD
- IMF calls for France’s ‘fiscal policy’
- Monday, July 3rd is the hottest day in the world
- In Indonesia around the sun "ring of fire" annular solar eclipse
- News “Russia will never achieve victory in Ukraine” Hot Russian news headlines and events
- Massacre in Iran does not end – WORLD
- UK strongly condemns Russia’s decision to withdraw from the Black Sea Grain Corridor Agreement – WORLD
- News “Turkey provides assistance to refugees without discrimination.” Last minute WORLD, ECONOMY, CURRENT, TURKEY, news headlines and events
- Rising dollar in Lebanon forced taxi drivers to close their contacts – WORLD
- Could eating insects be the solution to the food crisis?