In 2021, the number of air passengers in the EU increased by 35 percent. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TOURISM headlines and events
The number of people traveling by air in the European Union (EU) increased by 35 percent in 2021 compared to the previous year.
The European Statistical Office (Eurostat) has published data on air travel in 2021 in 27 EU member states.
Accordingly, the aviation industry, which was severely affected by the Covid-19 epidemic in 2020, began to recover last year.
The number of air passengers in the EU countries increased in 2021 by 35 percent compared to the previous year and reached 373 million people.
On the other hand, in 2019, before the epidemic in EU countries, the number of air passengers exceeded 1 billion.
Despite growth last year, the air travel industry has not been able to recover.
39 percent of these trips were made outside the EU, 38 percent between EU countries and 23 percent within the internal routes of EU countries.
The fastest growth in the number of airlines was in Croatia with 129 percent, in the Greek Cypriot administration with 105 percent and in Greece with 86 percent.
During this period, the most flights in the EU countries were made from Paris Charles de Gaulle (26.2 million), Amsterdam (25.5 million), Frankfurt (24.8 million) and Madrid (23.2 million).
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Cryptocurrency crisis may affect Venezuelans. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- The oldest American city is still a mystery to many
- The war affected the politics and economy of Germany. Last Minute GERMANY, BERLIN, Russia, headlines and events
- WTO: “China is the engine of the world economy” – WORLD
- News of Russia’s plan to increase the combat capability of the Armed Forces. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- China launched Earth remote sensing satellite – MIR
- EU Action Plan news against US legislation. Last minute headlines and events in AFRICA, GERMANY, Belgium, France, Spain, Russia, Greece
- Minister Kirishci to take part in the UN conference on water resources
- UN announces it will not withdraw from Sudan despite conflicts – WORLD
- Central Park, one of New York’s favorite tourist destinations, has gone white
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.