In 2021, the number of air passengers in the EU increased by 35 percent. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TOURISM headlines and events
The number of people traveling by air in the European Union (EU) increased by 35 percent in 2021 compared to the previous year.
The European Statistical Office (Eurostat) has published data on air travel in 2021 in 27 EU member states.
Accordingly, the aviation industry, which was severely affected by the Covid-19 epidemic in 2020, began to recover last year.
The number of air passengers in the EU countries increased in 2021 by 35 percent compared to the previous year and reached 373 million people.
On the other hand, in 2019, before the epidemic in EU countries, the number of air passengers exceeded 1 billion.
Despite growth last year, the air travel industry has not been able to recover.
39 percent of these trips were made outside the EU, 38 percent between EU countries and 23 percent within the internal routes of EU countries.
The fastest growth in the number of airlines was in Croatia with 129 percent, in the Greek Cypriot administration with 105 percent and in Greece with 86 percent.
During this period, the most flights in the EU countries were made from Paris Charles de Gaulle (26.2 million), Amsterdam (25.5 million), Frankfurt (24.8 million) and Madrid (23.2 million).
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Number of refugees sent from Istanbul announced
- News of the leopard crisis in Germany. Last Minute GERMANY, Berlin, France, Russia headlines and events
- Market value of Beijing Stock Exchange approaches 200 billion yuan – WORLD
- China opens its borders to tourists in three years. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- An optimistic view of the performance of the Chinese economy in the new year from Davos – WORLD
- Asian Stock Markets in Holiday Mood – WORLD
- Thwarting a red wave, Generation Z emerges as a powerful voting power
- U.S. call for continued trilateral consensus talks. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- News “The climate crisis is an existential threat to the planet.” Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- Knife attack at train station in Paris: 6 wounded. Last Minute France, England headlines and events