How do you answer the question, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Life is full of countless “clichés”! Of course, there are also “cliché questions” that we have all encountered many times over the years. “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?” The question is one of them. No wonder you come across this or something similar during job interviews, talking to friends, or visiting relatives. However, the question of where you see yourself in 5 years is not as simple as it might seem to you. Because your answer to this question is; points out some of the basics of your career choices, priorities and outlook on life in general. In fact, the answers you give to the question of where you see yourself in 5 years significantly affect the thoughts of the person asking the question about you. So, how to answer this banal question?
Before answering the question of where you see yourself in 5 years, you need to pay attention to who the question comes from!
Have you come across this hackneyed question during an interview? Or did your relative stand before you with this question? Before you answer, you need to pay attention to the one who asks the question. Because different people asking a question are hoping to get different answers from you, even if they are asking the same question, trying to get information about you on different topics.
Your answer to this question may reveal your career goals.
So, what we really wanted to know from you with this question is if you want to move up the corporate ladder in the company, why you want to work there and if you consider yourself to be part of the relevant business organization.
Naturally, your answers and thoughts on all these questions are one of the important factors in determining whether you can get a job or not. Accordingly, the question of where you see yourself in 5 years is an important question that can, in some cases, change your whole life.
If you really believe and want, you can say that you want to see yourself in a more important position in the company in 5 years.
Also, it’s good to mention that you have a goal to contribute to the company in different areas in 5 years time. However, according to experts, answering this question in such a way as to convince the other side is not easy.
To be able to give answers that will convince the officer in front of you, you need to have detailed information about the company and the field of activity for which you are applying. Because only when you master this detailed information will you be able to convince the other person that you want to be part of the company in 5 years. Otherwise, the question of where you see yourself in 5 years can take you by surprise!
If you do not have a specific answer to this hackneyed question, you can say that you want to improve in the relevant area and strive to become an expert in your field.
Thus, according to experts, you are taking refuge in a “safe haven” in the face of this issue. Also, expressing that you plan to take training in a variety of areas to improve yourself, and that you are keen to use the skills you gain in your own professional field, can help you leave the interview table to your advantage.
According to experts, it is not necessary to answer the question for a long time, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
What you need to do is to answer the question clearly, understandably and concisely, based on concrete facts.
As trite as it may sound, this question is much more important than you think.
Because it’s not always easy to be clear about your expectations of life and take steps to fulfill those expectations. That’s why asking yourself this trite question before hearing it from other people will help you determine your priorities and expectations in life.
You may be interested in:
6 Weird Job Interview Tricks You Might Fail During Your Job Interview
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Soldier news from Russia to the Azerbaijani-Armenian border. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- ‘Slight increase’ signal from Fed spokesman – MIR
- News “I won’t apologize for popping the China bubble.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- News about the corruption scandal at the General Assembly of the European Parliament. Last Minute Belgium, France headlines and events
- UN: 48 million people in West Africa are on the verge of starvation – WORLD
- Knife attack at train station in Paris: 6 wounded. Last Minute France, England headlines and events
- News that Marders will be delivered to Ukraine instead of Greece. Last Minute GERMANY, Greece headlines and events
- The decision on the black ribbon at the championships from the International Gymnastics Federation – WORLD
- Magnitude 6 earthquake in Indonesia – WORLD
- 63 The soldier’s death angered the Russians. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Netherlands, Russia, headlines and events
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.