From the European Union of Turkish Journalists to RTÜK: we will not be silent! News. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT headlines and events
The government’s censorship device, RTÜK, imposed fines on independent TV channels. Regarding the punishments of RTÜK, the European Union of Turkish Journalists stated: “We declare that it is not only the media that is being silenced, but also the voices of millions of our citizens. We will not be silent! used phrases.
The Supreme Council for Radio and Television (RTÜK), the government’s censorship and repression body, gave TELE1 a three-day blackout and suspension fines. The response to RTÜK, which also imposed fines on Halk TV and Fox TV, was the European Association of Turkish Journalists.
Recay Aksu, President of the European Union of Turkish Journalists, said:
“Turkey was hit hard by earthquakes of magnitude 7.7 and 7.6 centered on Kahramanmaras. After the earthquakes caused great destruction in 11 provinces, while the citizens were left to fend for themselves, the citizens’ voices were tried to be drowned out by government threats.
While independent media voiced the voices of millions of citizens, the government’s censorship device, RTÜK, imposed fines on Fox TV, Halk TV and TELE 1.
It is the duty of every honest journalist to educate the public and make critical reports. We who follow the path of Ugur Mumju will continue to be the voice of the citizens. As the European Union of Turkish Journalists, we declare that we condemn the punishments of RTÜK, which will go down in history as a shame, and that not only the media, but also the voices of millions of our citizens are trying to be silenced. We will not be silent!
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Breaking a Guinness World Record with Honor Magic5 Pro – WORLD
- LPG tank explosion: 1 dead
- News of a rocket attack on a TAF base in Northern Iraq. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- News of the intervention of the French police to the Moroccan supporters celebrating the victory over Portugal. Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT headlines and events
- News of the International organization of assistance to Turkey. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Netherlands, Russia, headlines and events
- Indian Airlines orders 250 Airbus passenger jets to meet growing demand – WORLD
- Michelle Yeoh became the first queen of Chinese cinema in the history of the Oscars – WORLD
- Letter about the earthquake from Kim to Esat. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- The Institute of Islamology is based in France. News headlines and events from Last Minute France
- News about the reduction of natural gas prices in Europe by 5 times. Last Minute Netherlands, Russia headlines and events
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.