France condemns Congressional raid in Brazil. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, POLITICS headlines and events
France condemned the raid on the National Congress, the Presidential Palace and the Constitutional Court by supporters of former Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro.
In a statement from the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, “France condemns in the strongest possible terms the violence directed against the three institutions of Brazilian democracy: the National Congress, the Presidential Palace and the Constitutional Court.” expression was used.
Assessing that these attacks “mean an unacceptable challenge to the results of the democratic elections won by President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, who took office on January 1, October 30”, a call was made to respect the will of the Brazilian people.
The statement said that France expressed its solidarity and support to the Brazilian people and President Lula.
On the other hand, French President Emmanuel Macron said on his Twitter account that the will of the Brazilian people and its democratic institutions should be respected.
Macron said that Lula can count on the support of France.
Hundreds of Bolsonaro supporters storm the Capitol
Yesterday in Brazil, groups shouting slogans demanding the intervention of the army broke through a police barrier and entered the building of the National Congress.
The police, who intervened with tear gas to disperse the far-right pro-Bolsonaro demonstrators, were later unable to stop the groups from entering the Presidential Palace and the Supreme Court building.
Supporters of former President Bolsonaro who stormed the National Congress and the Presidential Palace were removed from these buildings by security forces and brought under control.
Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula called these actions “vandalism and fascism” and said that the people who should be responsible for security in Brazil are not doing their jobs.
Lula interrupted her program in the state of São Paulo and returned to the capital Brasilia when activists broke into government buildings.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- UK, air defense support for Ukraine – MIR
- Airlines in Spain have gone on strike and about 70 flights have been canceled. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Spain, TOURISM headlines and events
- Armed attack on a Kurdish cultural center in Paris: 3 dead news. Top news and events in EUROPE
- Massacre in Iran does not end – WORLD
- Decree of the President of the Uludag region adopted: environmentalists react!
- News “Turkey is not among the most risky countries.” News headlines and events from Last Minute France
- News about the decision to send patriots to Ukraine in Davos. Last Minute GERMANY, Netherlands, Russia headlines and events
- “Taleban’ın Kadınlara Üniversite Yasağının Bedeli Olur” haberi. Son Dakika Rusya haber başlıkları ve gelishmeler
- Sanctions against official employees of the Iranian media from the United States. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- News “Warning not sent to foreign embassies.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events