France condemns Congressional raid in Brazil. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, POLITICS headlines and events
France condemned the raid on the National Congress, the Presidential Palace and the Constitutional Court by supporters of former Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro.
In a statement from the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, “France condemns in the strongest possible terms the violence directed against the three institutions of Brazilian democracy: the National Congress, the Presidential Palace and the Constitutional Court.” expression was used.
Assessing that these attacks “mean an unacceptable challenge to the results of the democratic elections won by President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, who took office on January 1, October 30”, a call was made to respect the will of the Brazilian people.
The statement said that France expressed its solidarity and support to the Brazilian people and President Lula.
On the other hand, French President Emmanuel Macron said on his Twitter account that the will of the Brazilian people and its democratic institutions should be respected.
Macron said that Lula can count on the support of France.
Hundreds of Bolsonaro supporters storm the Capitol
Yesterday in Brazil, groups shouting slogans demanding the intervention of the army broke through a police barrier and entered the building of the National Congress.
The police, who intervened with tear gas to disperse the far-right pro-Bolsonaro demonstrators, were later unable to stop the groups from entering the Presidential Palace and the Supreme Court building.
Supporters of former President Bolsonaro who stormed the National Congress and the Presidential Palace were removed from these buildings by security forces and brought under control.
Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula called these actions “vandalism and fascism” and said that the people who should be responsible for security in Brazil are not doing their jobs.
Lula interrupted her program in the state of São Paulo and returned to the capital Brasilia when activists broke into government buildings.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- The EU agrees with the news about the reform of the carbon market. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT headlines and events
- China: “U.S. must end illegal unilateral sanctions and long jurisdiction” – WORLD
- News Green Energy Line from Azerbaijan to Europe. Top news and events in EUROPE
- st. St. Petersburg International Economic Forum will take place on June 14–17, 2023 – MIR
- The EU Commission wanted Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia to join the Schengen area. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, UK, TOURISM headlines and events
- Dialogue message to Turkey and Greece from Blinken. Last minute Greece news headlines and events
- Some news about the lifting of restrictions due to COVID-19 in China. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- More than 5,000 police officers are taking action in Brussels, the capital of Belgium.
- CO27 First week results: strong political discourse, insufficient funding, coordination and diversity – WORLD
- China’s tourism market is rapidly gaining momentum – WORLD
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.