First tram line in West Africa begins carrying passengers – WORLD
President of Nigeria Muhammadu BuhariLagos Walisi Capital payment to Babajide and Chinese Ambassador to Nigeria Cui Jianchun attended the opening ceremony of the first leg of the 27 km Lagos Rail Public Transportation (LRMT) Blue Line in Lagos state in southwestern Nigeria.
State of Nigeria President Muhammadu Buhari praised the project as “historic” at a ceremony hosted by Lagos Governorate ahead of the opening ceremony. Buhari said the light rail system would improve the lives of local residents, as well as reduce traffic congestion and air pollution.
The project is also the first rail infrastructure to cross Okokomaiko, a densely populated area west of Lagos, and Marina, a business district on Lagos Island. Through the commercial venture, the project is expected to significantly improve the connectivity of the Nigerian economic hub by providing rail building expertise to other parts of Nigeria and West African countries.
Construction of the first phase of the Lagos Blue Line project began in July 2010 and was completed in December 2022. The first phase of the project, with a length of 13 kilometers and five stations, is capable of transporting more than 250,000 passengers per day.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Canada bans imports of aluminum and steel from Russia – WORLD
- Permission to send Leopard tanks to Ukraine? News. Last Minute GERMANY, Russia headlines and events
- Rising tension in northern Kosovo. Top news and events in EUROPE
- Iran: news “The West has a finger in the protests.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- US personal consumption spending fell more than expected – WORLD
- Asian Stock Markets in Holiday Mood – WORLD
- News “We don’t want conflict with China.” Last Minute ASYA, Russia news headlines and events
- China’s reaction to UK report on Hong Kong – WORLD
- US by-elections continue – WORLD
- Turkey is waiting for further steps from Sweden. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.