Finnish Defense Minister travels to Ankara news. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TURKEY headlines and events
The Finnish Defense Minister, who expects Turkey to support NATO membership, is traveling to Ankara this week.
Finnish Defense Minister Antti Kaikkonen will meet with National Defense Minister Hulusi Akar on Thursday 8 December in Ankara, according to a statement from the Ministry of National Defense.
The meeting is expected to discuss bilateral issues of defense and security, as well as the process of Finland’s accession to NATO.
Assessing Finland’s NATO membership, Akar said that Turkey has no problem with NATO’s open door policy, but Turkey’s sensitivity should be respected.
Noting that NATO is a security organization, Akar said: “Terrorism is one of NATO’s biggest struggles. Terrorism is now a serious problem for all countries. Turkey is the only country fighting more than one terrorist organization. This needs to be seen and awareness raised about what we are doing on this issue.”
“We are waiting for concrete steps”
Recalling that during the Madrid summit in June, a tripartite memorandum was signed on the membership of Sweden and Finland in NATO, Akar said:
“The memorandum is clear. There are commitments signed by Sweden and Finland. We declare that they must be fulfilled. Please note that this memorandum is the beginning, not the end. After they are completed, the decision will be made by Parliament. We are trying to help Sweden and Finland.” At the same time, we are closely monitoring the situation in Sweden and Finland. Unfortunately, we are sad to see that some provocative actions and images continue in these countries. We expect that Sweden, and Finland to take concrete steps.”
Sweden and Finland applied to join NATO in May after Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, but faced opposition from Turkey.
Turkey has not approved NATO membership bids, accusing both countries of harboring terrorists from the PKK and other groups.
The application of Finland and Sweden to join NATO has so far been approved by 28 of NATO’s 30 members. Hungary is expected to ratify the membership of Sweden and Finland in February.
broadcast by Voice of America Finnish Defense Minister travels to Ankara in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. Finnish Defense Minister travels to Ankara News is automatically published on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district Finnish Defense Minister travels to Ankara The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- The US is in touch with Russia for Griner and Whelan news. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Britain to donate 3,000 Eurovision tickets to Ukrainians displaced by war
- Education ban for Taliban women! – Kent News Agency
- China will discover if there is water on the moon – WORLD
- Spot operation from MIT! Mizgin Kobani has been neutralized…
- News “Negotiations with Turkey resume in mid-March.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Japan and Germany will cooperate closely for economic security – WORLD
- What is a job change? 10 Things to Consider for Those Considering Changing Jobs During Certain Periods
- “Two meetings had a big impact on the world” – WORLD
- News about dozens of people killed in a plane crash in Nepal. Last Minute France, Russia headlines and events