Financial support for border control from the EU to Turkey. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
It was announced that today the Commission of the European Union has accepted a package of 220 million euros to strengthen border controls on Turkey’s borders with Iran and Iraq.
In a statement issued by the EU Delegation to Turkey, “€220 million will be allocated to support additional border controls on Turkey’s eastern border. Under this program, officials in areas such as the purchase of new equipment (watchtowers, cameras, lighting systems), the use of border control technologies, immigration law, humanitarian border management, basic rights and response to large-scale mixed waves of migration, training at the Iranian border and Iraq will be funded.
The statement also indicated that with the new package, EU support for Turkey has reached 1.2 billion euros this year.
Noting that the funds are part of an additional €3 billion announced since the June 2021 European Council meeting to continue EU support for refugees in Turkey between 2021 and 2023, €1.2 billion has been agreed this year. The package consisted of four programs.
These programs are listed as follows:
– 400 million euros for ongoing cash support to meet the daily basic needs of refugees through the Social Cohesion Assistance Program (ESSN), one of the pioneering programs under the Refugee Fund in Turkey.
– 234 million euros for the implementation of the Turkish Employment Strategy and a sustainable socio-economic program for refugees.
– 381 million euros for the continuation of the additional ESSN program aimed at providing cash assistance to the most vulnerable refugees (the elderly, the disabled, etc.).
– €220 million to support additional border controls on Turkey’s eastern border. Under this program, officials in areas such as the purchase of new equipment (watchtowers, cameras, lighting systems), the use of border control technologies, immigration law, humanitarian border management, basic rights and response to large-scale mixed waves of migration, training at the Iranian border and Iraq will be funded.
EU aid to continue next year
Since 2015, the EU has been supporting Turkey in various programs related to the approximately 4 million refugees it has taken in.
Since 2015, the EU has mobilized €9.5 billion for refugees and host communities in Turkey. This includes the €6 billion Fund for Refugees in Turkey (FRIT), a key component of the 2016 EU-Turkey Statement. 3 billion of this amount was covered by the EU budget, and 3 billion euros by EU member states. To date, more than 4.9 billion euros have been paid out under the FRIT program to Turkey.
In addition to FRIT, in 2020 the EU allocated more than 535 million euros for humanitarian assistance to refugees in Turkey.
Following the European Council meeting on June 24-25, 2021, which called on the EU to continue supporting refugees and host communities in Turkey during the period 2021-2023, the Commission announced in July 2021 a more comprehensive support for refugees in the region in the amount of 5. 7 billion euros. As part of the package, he offered to allocate an additional 3 billion euros to Turkey. The first €860 million of this additional package was agreed in 2021, with the rest to be made available in 2023.
broadcast by Voice of America EU financial support to Turkey for border control in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. Financial support for border control from the EU to Turkey is automatically published on our website as it comes from the VOA website. in this district EU financial support to Turkey for border control The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News Netanyahu is the sixth time Prime Minister of Israel. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- News “Negotiations with Turkey should be based on the end of the occupation.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- News “The United States does not approach the negotiations in Istanbul constructively.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- US condemns North Korea long-range ballistic missile test
- Is buying blue ticks on Twitter included?
- News “Negotiations with Turkey resume in mid-March.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- News of the law on LGBT propaganda in Russia. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- The state of NATO in the first year of the war in Ukraine. Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT, Netherlands, England, Russia headlines and events
- US industrial production records biggest drop in 15 months – WORLD
- Over 500 protest news from Venezuelan teachers. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.