EU countries are preparing for a new step against migration. Last Minute EUROPE, Austria, Belgium, France, CURRENT, Netherlands, England, Spain, Russia, Greece headlines and events
Immigration ministers from European Union (EU) member states met to discuss visa restrictions and improve coordination regarding the repatriation of non-asylum seekers to their countries, including Iraq.
Three years ago, 27 EU member states agreed to accept illegal immigrants back into their countries, otherwise apply various sanctions to these countries. However, so far the Gambia has been the only country that has been formally penalized in this regard.
The European Commission, the EU’s executive arm, has proposed similar sanctions against Iraq, Senegal and Bangladesh, but two members of the commission recalled that Bangladesh has taken steps to cooperate in the process.
It is stated that the rate of return of illegal immigrants to the countries over the three-year period remained at the level of only 21 percent in 2021, which is considered an extremely low indicator.
The problem of illegal immigrants is considered one of the most politically sensitive in the European Union. First of all, countries want to reduce the arrival of illegal immigrants and speed up their return. After these topics, the countries intend to bring up the issue of asylum for discussion.
According to the UN, in 2022 alone, more than 160,000 illegal migrants arrived in Europe via the Mediterranean, fleeing poverty and conflict from the Middle East, Africa and Southeast Asia. In addition, with the Russian attack on Ukraine, about 8 million Ukrainian immigrants also immigrated to European countries.
Two weeks after the ministerial meeting, the leaders of the 27 EU member states will meet in Brussels to discuss immigration and the repatriation of more illegal migrants.
Visa restrictions for countries that did not prevent their citizens from leaving for Europe as illegal immigrants have so far not been successful, as the initiatives of the foreign and economic ministers would like.
For this reason, so far only the Gambia has been a country subject to visa restrictions.
While some EU member states, including Austria and Hungary, take a stand against immigrants, especially those from Muslim countries, Germany in particular is more moderate in its treatment of immigrants in terms of meeting their labor needs.
broadcast by Voice of America EU countries prepare for a new step against migration in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. EU countries are preparing a new step against migration News is automatically published on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district EU countries prepare for a new step against migration The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News about the threat of detention of anti-COVID protesters in China. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Aid organizations have ceased their activities in Afghanistan. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Congratulations from world leaders to President Erdogan
- News “Global debt levels still above pre-pandemic.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- President Erdogan presented a togg to the Emir of Qatar
- $5 billion on the way from Saudi Arabia to CBRT – WORLD
- China’s new foreign trade engine: cross-border e-commerce – WORLD
- As foreign trade grows, confidence in Chinese-made products grows – WORLD
- Police attack on Fenerbahce fans in Spain
- Harris: Russia has committed a crime against humanity. Last Minute GERMANY, France, England, Munich, Russia headlines and events