EU countries are preparing for a new step against migration. Last Minute EUROPE, Austria, Belgium, France, CURRENT, Netherlands, England, Spain, Russia, Greece headlines and events
Immigration ministers from European Union (EU) member states met to discuss visa restrictions and improve coordination regarding the repatriation of non-asylum seekers to their countries, including Iraq.
Three years ago, 27 EU member states agreed to accept illegal immigrants back into their countries, otherwise apply various sanctions to these countries. However, so far the Gambia has been the only country that has been formally penalized in this regard.
The European Commission, the EU’s executive arm, has proposed similar sanctions against Iraq, Senegal and Bangladesh, but two members of the commission recalled that Bangladesh has taken steps to cooperate in the process.
It is stated that the rate of return of illegal immigrants to the countries over the three-year period remained at the level of only 21 percent in 2021, which is considered an extremely low indicator.
The problem of illegal immigrants is considered one of the most politically sensitive in the European Union. First of all, countries want to reduce the arrival of illegal immigrants and speed up their return. After these topics, the countries intend to bring up the issue of asylum for discussion.
According to the UN, in 2022 alone, more than 160,000 illegal migrants arrived in Europe via the Mediterranean, fleeing poverty and conflict from the Middle East, Africa and Southeast Asia. In addition, with the Russian attack on Ukraine, about 8 million Ukrainian immigrants also immigrated to European countries.
Two weeks after the ministerial meeting, the leaders of the 27 EU member states will meet in Brussels to discuss immigration and the repatriation of more illegal migrants.
Visa restrictions for countries that did not prevent their citizens from leaving for Europe as illegal immigrants have so far not been successful, as the initiatives of the foreign and economic ministers would like.
For this reason, so far only the Gambia has been a country subject to visa restrictions.
While some EU member states, including Austria and Hungary, take a stand against immigrants, especially those from Muslim countries, Germany in particular is more moderate in its treatment of immigrants in terms of meeting their labor needs.
broadcast by Voice of America EU countries prepare for a new step against migration in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. EU countries are preparing a new step against migration News is automatically published on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district EU countries prepare for a new step against migration The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Corruption scandal with Qatar at the center of the European Union. Last Minute Belgium, France headlines and events
- Burmese pythons, and other invasive animals, are devouring competition in Florida
- News of the US call for the opening of the Lachin corridor. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Agricultural production in Venezuela increased by 40 percent. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- News of the world champion of Argentina. News headlines and events from Last Minute France
- The International Monetary Fund does not change its global growth forecast for 2023: 2.7 percent news. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Truss becomes new UK prime minister – WORLD
- The world shared Turkey’s pain. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT, TURKEY news headlines and events
- Pope Francis discharged from hospital – WORLD
- One in three older people in Latin America has no income. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.