Erdogan and Netanyahu spoke on the phone. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan had a telephone conversation with former Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who won elections in Israel this month.
Netanyahu, who was tasked with forming a government, called Erdogan to express his condolences in connection with the terrorist attack in Istanbul.
Erdogan told Netanyahu that it is in the common interest to maintain relations based on mutual interests, respecting feelings and strengthening them in a sustainable way.
Erdogan said the incident two days ago in the West Bank upset them.
“The two leaders have agreed to start a new era in relations by working together,” Netanyahu’s Likud party said in a statement.
The phone call came at a time when relations between Turkey and Israel, long troubled, began to crumble. Israeli President Isaac Herzog visited Ankara last year. The Duke’s visit was the first visit by an Israeli leader to Turkey since 2008.
Relations between Israel and Turkey have been strained for more than a decade. Ankara expelled the Israeli ambassador in 2010 after Israeli forces raided a humanitarian aid ship bound for Gaza and killed 10 Turkish citizens.
Diplomatic relations were restored in 2016, but after Israel killed a number of Palestinian protesters in the Gaza Strip, Turkey withdrew its diplomats from Israel and sent Israeli diplomatic representatives to their countries.
Following these events, the two countries mutually appointed ambassadors this year.
On Tuesday, a Palestinian killed three Israelis near a Jewish settlement in the Israeli-occupied West Bank and was portrayed as a hero by Islamist militants.
broadcast by Voice of America Erdogan and Netanyahu talking on the phone in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news “Erdogan and Netanyahu met by phone” is automatically published on our website, as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district Erdogan and Netanyahu talking on the phone The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- “Our allies must stop supporting terrorist organizations in Syria.” News headlines and events from Last Minute France
- Instant retail sales to exceed 1 trillion yuan in China
- More women are registering to vote after the Supreme Court’s decision to abort
- Donald Trump’s Daughter Marries a Billionaire!
- Turkey is waiting for further steps from Sweden. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- On this Election Day, millions of Americans will not be voting in English
- News “The world should not be silent while people are burning.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Single-engine plane crashed into a high-voltage line in the United States and hovered
- Decision on the “damage fund” at the climate summit
- News about Kirby’s “Forbidden VOA” response to the Taliban. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events