Donor conference news from the European Commission. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
Ursula von der Leyen, President of the European Commission, and Ulf Kristersson, Swedish Prime Minister and current President of the European Union, said they plan to organize a donor conference in cooperation with the Turkish authorities.
The statement stated that the purpose of the donors’ conference is to mobilize the international community in the wake of the earthquake in Turkey and Syria this week.
It was stated that this high-level conference, which will bring together EU member states, neighboring countries, UN members and international financial institutions, aims to coordinate donor assistance and increase resources for early recovery and assistance in Turkey and Syria.
The conference will be co-chaired by Oliver Varhelyi, EU member responsible for Neighborhood and Enlargement negotiations, and Johan Forssell, Swedish Minister for International Development Cooperation and Foreign Trade.
Von der Leyen said: “The devastating effects of the earthquakes that have hit Turkey and Syria this week have shocked us all. The priority is to save as many lives as possible, many of which are still under the rubble. , The EU Civil Protection Mechanism was activated immediately and so far 31 calls and calls from 23 countries have been made. “The rescue team and five medical teams were mobilized. We send a message to the people of Turkey and Syria that the EU will support them. No one should be left alone when the nation is shaken by such a tragedy,” he said.
Swedish Prime Minister Kristersson, on the other hand, said: “The earthquake in Turkey and northern Syria is an unprecedented disaster. The scale of the loss of life and physical damage is becoming more evident every day. The results are terrible. head of the European Council, Sweden, the EU in this terrible period, Turkey and Syria. He wants to make sure he gives enough support to his people,” he said.
After two earthquakes of magnitude 7.7 and 7.6 in the Pazardzhik and Elbistan districts of Kahramanmaras on February 6, the EU Civil Protection Mechanism was immediately activated, which was attended by 20 EU members, Albania, Montenegro and Serbia, 31 search and rescue teams and 5 medical teams . sent. In total, there are 1,500 rescuers and 100 search dogs in the detachments.
Civil engineering teams and assistance in this area are also mobilized through this mechanism. The EU Civil Protection Team is currently in Turkey to coordinate the international response.
The United Nations Development Program is expected to launch a post-disaster needs assessment program soon, which will provide information on reconstruction and recovery needs and estimated costs.
Finally, EU Commissioner for Crisis Management Janez Lenarcic announced that they will provide €6.5 million worth of emergency support and emergency humanitarian assistance to Turkey and Syria through the Civil Protection Mechanism.
The EU Commissioner will visit earthquake-hit areas in Turkey and observe rescue work on site.
broadcast by Voice of America Donor conference from the European Commission in the news hourA-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. European Commission donor conference news is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the VOA website. in this area Donor conference from the European Commission The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News “Russia cannot and must not win.” Last Minute GERMANY, France, England, Russia headlines and events
- Price estimate for 2023 from the global food giant – MIR
- News about the shortage of medicines in Germany. Last Minute GERMANY, Russia headlines and events
- Switzerland froze Russian assets worth $7.5 billion. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Extension of the smoking ban in Belgium. Last Minute EUROPE, Belgium, CURRENT headlines and events
- Bedrooms in the Twitter building
- New President Pavel officially takes office in the Czech Republic – WORLD
- The world population is estimated at more than 8 billion people. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT, WEBTV news headlines and events
- The aid collected by the Turks in Europe continues to be sent to the victims of the earthquake. Last Minute EUROPE, Belgium, CURRENT, Netherlands headlines and events
- US court dismisses Khashoggi case Last Minute WORLDWIDE, CURRENT, POLITICAL headlines and events