Chinese e-commerce giant Meituan prepares digital yuan for the New Year – WORLD
Last year, the Central Bank prepared an application that allows users to send virtual red envelopes. These virtual envelopes, which were sent out to family and friends, contained digital yuan tokens.
This year, Meituan, one of China’s largest e-commerce platforms, announced that all residents of its designated digital yuan pilot zone will be able to receive a surprise gift box for the New Year.
Some of the virtual gift boxes will receive red envelopes containing 88.88 yuan ($12.75). Some of the most fortunate will receive envelopes containing 888 digital yuan ($129.39).
Digital Yuan can be exchanged for real Yuan through Meituan and related sites. Meanwhile, it should be noted that the number “8” is considered an extremely lucky number in Chinese culture. Another feature of Chinese culture is that rabbits symbolize longevity, peace and prosperity.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Tourism revived in China – WORLD
- A donation of 1 billion euros for Ukraine was collected in Paris. Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT, POLITICS, Russia headlines and events
- Foreign Minister Cavusoglu’s reaction to Greece: “The wind sows a storm” news. Last Minute Russia, Greece news headlines and events
- Russian actors imitate Macron and fool Dude Last Minute EUROPE, France, NOW, Russia headlines and events
- The Swedish Ambassador was summoned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs because of the protest. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- News “Negotiations with Turkey should be based on the end of the occupation.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Japan concerned about military cooperation between Russia and China in Asia
- On January 22, civil flights grew by 3.6% – WORLD
- International Markets – WORLD – World Journal of Economics
- China receives $189 billion in foreign investment in 2022 – WORLD
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.