Chinese e-commerce giant Meituan prepares digital yuan for the New Year – WORLD
Last year, the Central Bank prepared an application that allows users to send virtual red envelopes. These virtual envelopes, which were sent out to family and friends, contained digital yuan tokens.
This year, Meituan, one of China’s largest e-commerce platforms, announced that all residents of its designated digital yuan pilot zone will be able to receive a surprise gift box for the New Year.
Some of the virtual gift boxes will receive red envelopes containing 88.88 yuan ($12.75). Some of the most fortunate will receive envelopes containing 888 digital yuan ($129.39).
Digital Yuan can be exchanged for real Yuan through Meituan and related sites. Meanwhile, it should be noted that the number “8” is considered an extremely lucky number in Chinese culture. Another feature of Chinese culture is that rabbits symbolize longevity, peace and prosperity.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Xi meets with Emir of Qatar – WORLD
- Rising tension in northern Kosovo. Top news and events in EUROPE
- UK not seeking Swiss-style deal with EU
- UN: News “Russian ammonia export to start soon.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Asian markets see selling trend – WORLD
- Elon Musk is leaving Twitter!
- News “Turkey Wants What We Can’t” Latest Russian Last Minute News and Events
- Could eating insects be the solution to the food crisis?
- Angelina Jolie steps down as UN Special Representative. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- The first meeting of the chiefs of staff of the United States and Ukraine. Last Minute GERMANY, Russia headlines and events