China leads in patent applications, but lags US and Europe in value added – GLOBAL
China leads in patent applications but lags behind the US and Europe in value added.BEIJING (AA). While China was the country with the highest number of industrial and intellectual property patent applications in 2021, it lagged behind the US and European Union (EU) countries in terms of value added protected by original inventions. patents provide the economy. BEIJING (AA) – China ranked first in the world with over 1.5 million patent applications in 2021, according to the International Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). The number of applications is three times closer to the nearest competitor, the US, but it is observed that the difference in the number of applications has not yet translated into real economic value. Considering the share of patent-intensive industries in gross domestic product (GDP) and employment, China still lags behind the US and EU countries. According to data provided by China National Intellectual Property Administration (CNIPA), Gi Shu. the size of patent-intensive industries such as computers, electronics, machinery, energy systems, digital communications, audiovisual instruments, medical technology, transportation and aviation reached 14.3 trillion yuan (2.1 billion yuan) in 2021, an increase of 17.9 % compared to the previous year. While the value added created by patent-intensive industries in China was 12.4% of GDP, in the US it was 24%, in the EU it was 17.4%, while in the US it was 6.5%, and in the USA – 13%. and 11 percent in the EU. He noted that China aims to increase the share of value added provided by patents to 13 percent, the 2021 level of the US, by 2025. 952 in 2021. became the company that applied for more patents. It is followed by American chip maker Qualcomm with 3,931 applications and South Korean electronics company Samsung with 3,41 applications. patents are still application-level innovations. He emphasizes that only a few original inventions can turn into cutting-edge technologies.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Russia initiates the process of terminating the nuclear deal
- How many different types of trees are there in the world? What types of trees are most common in Turkey?
- Xi Jinping: “China will continue to offer the world opportunities through its new developments” – WORLD
- News “The war in Ukraine will slow down in winter.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Over the past 7 years in Canada, 9 prisoners committed suicide by euthanasia – WORLD
- 3 New news from the Taykonaut Tiangong space station is on its way. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Striking energy workers in France have become the ‘Robin Hood’ of households that have lost power
- The response of NATO and the United States to Putin on the nuclear deal. Last Minute Russia, Greece news headlines and events
- Dry winter season in Lebanon worries experts – WORLD
- What do Europeans think about the war in Ukraine? News. Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT, Netherlands, England, Spain, Russia headlines and events