Cavusoglu discussed the actions in Paris with his French counterpart. News headlines and events from Last Minute France
Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu spoke by telephone with French Foreign Minister Catherine Colonna about the demonstrations held in the capital following the December 23 attack on the Ahmet Kaya Cultural Center in Paris, which killed 3 people.
According to the information provided by the Turkish Foreign Ministry about the meeting, Cavusoglu stressed to his French counterpart that it is unacceptable for French politicians to participate in actions where PKK flags and posters of the PKK leader, who is considered a terrorist organization by Turkey, the EU and the United States, are unacceptable.
Cavusoglu noted that France should not allow such actions.
Clashes erupted between police and Kurdish demonstrators after the attack over the weekend.
Statement by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The French Foreign Ministry also released a written statement about the meeting.
According to the statement, Minister Colonna stressed the “independent nature of the judiciary” and indicated that a judicial investigation into the attack was ongoing during the meeting.
Recalling France’s commitment to freedom of the press and expression, Colonna said that “in this context, the PKK, which is on the European list of terrorist organizations, should be distinguished from other non-violent Kurdish movements.”
The column reiterated that, in line with statements by the French Interior Minister, additional measures were taken after the attack to ensure the safety of places where the Kurdish community meets.
French Foreign Minister Catherine Colonna also said that the security of Turkish diplomatic facilities within the borders of France has been strengthened.
Turkey also announced last Monday that French Ambassador to Ankara Herve Magro was summoned to the Foreign Ministry. Diplomatic sources told the ambassador that “black propaganda” had been launched against Turkey in the protests that began in the streets of France after the attack; He stated that he expressed his dissatisfaction and reaction to this situation.
broadcast by Voice of America Cavusoglu discussed actions in Paris with his French counterpart in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news that Cavusoglu discussed the actions in Paris with his French counterpart is automatically posted on our website, as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this area Cavusoglu discussed actions in Paris with his French counterpart The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- International Markets – WORLD – World Journal of Economics
- Can Iran become a point of contact in Turkish-Israeli relations? News. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Zelensky: “The most important task for all of us is to win this war” – MIR
- CIA director William Burns met with the head of Russian foreign intelligence in Ankara. LATEST UPDATES, Russia, TURKEY, news headlines and events
- Bosnian sisters build houses for hobbits, each decorated in its own way. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TOURISM headlines and events
- Twitter has blocked the accounts of many journalists, including a Voice of America correspondent. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Recession indicator in the US bond market reaches historic levels – WORLD
- Musk “Should I Quit My Job?” Survey news. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- News about the official application for a permit for a leopard from Poland to Germany. Last Minute GERMANY, Berlin, Russia headlines and events
- Why does France hesitate to send Leclerc tanks to Ukraine? News. Last Minute GERMANY, Berlin, France, Netherlands, England, Russia headlines and events