CALL FROM AMB MEMBER
“I believe more policy action is needed to reverse this trend,” Nagel said in an interview, noting that monthly surveys of households and businesses show a rise in long-term inflation expectations. The ECB has raised interest rates by a total of 250 basis points in 2022, and officials have said interest rate hikes will continue. Nagel noted that it would be wrong to delay raising interest rates because of fears that economic growth will slow down. Predicting that the German economy will avoid a sharp economic downturn and that there will be a moderate slowdown, Nagel said: “I am fully confident that we will bring inflation down over the medium term.” Nagel noted that they do not expect any wage and price spiral in the euro area and that the ECB should not allow inflation to become ossified.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- China rejects US request for a meeting of defense ministers of the two countries – WORLD
- Chinese-style modernization opens up global opportunities – WORLD
- News “Biden-Xi meeting positively affected trade tensions.” Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Russian news and events
- Israel’s “judicial reform” crisis has brought thousands of Israelis to the streets – WORLD
- Bolivar lost 58% of its value in three months. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- Russian economy pays heavy losses from war – MIR
- U.S. releases footage showing Russian jets chasing U.S. drones in Syria – WORLD
- LPG tank explosion: 1 dead
- Turkey-Serbia partnership to develop early warning system for nuclear attacks – MIR
- China is among the top ten most successful countries in the development of the Internet – WORLD