CALL FROM AMB MEMBER
“I believe more policy action is needed to reverse this trend,” Nagel said in an interview, noting that monthly surveys of households and businesses show a rise in long-term inflation expectations. The ECB has raised interest rates by a total of 250 basis points in 2022, and officials have said interest rate hikes will continue. Nagel noted that it would be wrong to delay raising interest rates because of fears that economic growth will slow down. Predicting that the German economy will avoid a sharp economic downturn and that there will be a moderate slowdown, Nagel said: “I am fully confident that we will bring inflation down over the medium term.” Nagel noted that they do not expect any wage and price spiral in the euro area and that the ECB should not allow inflation to become ossified.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News “The climate crisis is an existential threat to the planet.” Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- News “Global debt levels still above pre-pandemic.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- The air of India and Sri Lanka is breathtaking! – WORLD
- News “No new option, but China doesn’t share enough information.” Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- News of the word “A gun, not a tank” from France to Ukraine. Last Minute GERMANY, France, England, Russia headlines and events
- Erdogan and Netanyahu spoke on the phone. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Biden’s new “secret documents” have been found. Latest UK headlines and events
- News “They hope to escalate tensions with Turkey.” Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TURKEY, Greece, news headlines and events
- Elon Musk lost a huge fortune in a year – WORLD
- Scandal in Sweden: to allow the “burning of the Koran”!