Bosnian sisters build houses for hobbits, each decorated in its own way. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TOURISM headlines and events
The “Hobbit Village”, consisting of five houses, built by four sisters living in Kreševo to popularize the city in which they were born, bears traces of both the “Middle World” and the culture of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
In Kreševo, in the central part of Bosnia and Herzegovina, houses buried in the ground, known as “hobbit houses” and attracting attention with their interesting architecture, will open their doors to visitors in the summer.
The decoration of the hobbit houses, which are depicted as the habitats of the Hobbit race in the fictional universe of Middle-earth by the world-famous author J. R. R. Tolkien, are made by four Bosnian sisters.
The sisters, who want to promote Kreševo, where they were born in Bosnia and Herzegovina, aim to both contribute to tourism and offer tourists an extraordinary experience by creating a hobbit village consisting of five houses.
Maria Milicevic, who came up with the idea for the hobbit house, revealed in her statement that she is a geotechnical engineer and said she received the most support from her family and sisters in drawing and building “smiling” houses out of the ground.
Every sister decorates the house
After stating that each of the sisters bought a house and decorated it the way they wanted, Maria revealed that two houses were completed and the remaining three houses were in the process of being completed.
Maria stated that she wanted to create such a place because of her interest in traveling to different countries and staying in unusual places. said.
Noting that the construction of the Hobbit houses began in February, Maria stated that the work would be completed by spring.
Maria said that she named the hobbit house “Auber”, which she built herself. “I gave the name to the Cave Auber, where mercury was once mined. All the details in the house are also associated with mercury. We made the ceiling look like a ceiling. The ceiling of a cave,” he said.
Expressing that they had decided to leave the decoration of the house to their parents, Maria said that interest in hobbit houses is growing and those who love hobbits visit these houses.
“We take people to the past”
Another sister, Miliana Milicevic, an architect, said she named her house “Lipa” and said that linden is a plant associated with a happy childhood and nature.
Miliana, who stated that she took up drawing houses because of her profession, stated that building a house buried in the ground was a challenge.
Noting that lately people are interested in what is “other,” Milihana said: “We are bringing people back to the past. They also have their own private lives.” said.
Miliana said that the craftsmen who worked on the construction of the hobbit houses were very surprised by this project. he said.
While the third sister, Vedrana Miličević, is building a hobbit house based on the town where Katarina, one of the queens of Bosnia, lived in history, Valentina Milličević is designing a mountain-style decoration.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News of the FIFA investigation “How Nusret entered the field.” News headlines and events from Last Minute France
- Artificial intelligence has been developed to recognize pneumonia – MIR
- Former Twitter manager turned out to be a CIA agent
- $1.44 billion investment in natural gas from Norway – WORLD
- Attacker in Paris to be arrested for ‘racist murder’ Latest news and last-minute events in France
- News about the rapid spread of the XBB.1.5 variant of COVID-19. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- Prime Minister of Norway: Turkey has the right to fight terrorism. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TURKEY headlines and events
- The world enthusiastically greeted the news of the new year. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- Clean air of German schools from Turkey – WORLD
- Most European countries will plunge into recession – WORLD