Assistance to Turkey from many states and organizations. Last Minute GERMANY, UK, Spain, Russia, Greece headlines and events
After a strong earthquake in the south-east of Turkey, one after another, applications for help from the international community were received. Dozens of states and international organizations are sending aid after the earthquakes in Turkey.
In a statement, US President Joe Biden said he instructed his team to continue to closely monitor the situation in coordination with Turkey and provide any necessary assistance.
In a statement, UN Secretary-General António Guterres said a UN team is in the field in Turkey and Syria to calculate and provide assistance needs.
“We rely on the international community to help those affected by the natural disaster,” Guterres said.
German Chancellor Olaf Scholz expressed his sadness in a message he shared on social media and stated that Germany was ready to help.
German Interior Minister Nancy Faezer said the federal protection agency could provide temporary shelters and water treatment plants.
Faezer said that auxiliary materials, generators, tent blankets are already being prepared in agreement with the Turkish authorities.
Tedros, head of the World Health Organization, noted that the emergency medical team has been activated and will provide life-saving medical services to those affected and most vulnerable by the earthquake.
Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni announced that the Italian Civil Defense Team is ready to provide support and first aid.
The Government of India said two teams of the Indian National Disaster Response Force are ready to fly into the earthquake zone with trained dogs and the necessary equipment. According to the government statement, medical teams and humanitarian aid have also been prepared in consultation with the Turkish authorities.
Poland sends a rescue team of 76 people.
Hungary sent search and rescue teams.
British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak said his thoughts are with the people of Turkey and Syria and that his country is ready to help.
Taiwan announced that a 40-man rescue team would be sent with the dogs. Earlier, Taiwan said it was ready to send a team of 130 people with 13 tons of humanitarian aid, and noted that it was waiting for a response from Turkey.
President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky said that Ukraine is ready to help. Zelensky said: “At the moment we are close to the friendly Turkish people, we are ready to offer the necessary assistance.”
Russian President Vladimir Putin called President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and conveyed his best wishes. Russia has said it is ready to send a 100-man rescue team with two planes to Turkey when requested.
Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis deplored the earthquake and announced that his country was coordinating its resources for relief and would provide immediate support.
The Spanish Interior Ministry also said that the rescuers are preparing to go to Turkey. It was also stated that the Ministry of Defense and other government departments agreed on the urgent dispatch of the group to Turkey.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that all authorities were informed about the preparation of assistance to Turkey.
Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan also expressed regret in his message and noted that Armenia is ready to help.
The Norwegian Immigration Board also called for additional assistance to Turkey and Syria.
broadcast by Voice of America Assistance to Turkey from many governments and organizations in the news hourA-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. Information about assistance to Turkey from many governments and organizations is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the VOA website. in this area Assistance to Turkey from many governments and organizations The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- New Chinese Prime Minister Li Chang – WORLD
- News about the international appeal for humanitarian aid from the official representative of the UN. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- The Israeli Ambassador presented his credentials to Erdogan. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Cooperation Decision at the Saudi Arabia-China Summit – WORLD
- News “We don’t want conflict with China.” Last Minute ASYA, Russia news headlines and events
- CO27 First week results: strong political discourse, insufficient funding, coordination and diversity – WORLD
- Annual turnover of Xinjiang – WORLD – World Magazine of Economics
- The UN Security Council condemns the Taliban ban. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- March 15, China resumes group tours in Europe – WORLD
- Explosion in Istanbul’s busiest street kills and injures people
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.