Assistance to the earthquake zone from European countries continues. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT headlines and events
While European assistance to the earthquake victims in Turkey and Syria continued, the Netherlands provided additional assistance in the amount of 10 million euros, Turkish and Spanish citizens in Spain sent more than 71 tons of humanitarian materials to Turkey.
While assistance from European countries to the earthquake victims in Turkey and Syria, affected by the earthquake in Kahramanmaras, which was called the “catastrophe of the century”, continued, the Netherlands provided additional assistance in the amount of 10 million euros, Turkish and Spanish citizens who are in Spain, sent more than 71 tons of humanitarian aid to Turkey.
The Dutch government has announced that an additional 10 million euros will be allocated for food, water, medicine and housing for earthquake victims in Turkey and Syria.
Dutch Commerce Minister Liee Schreinemacher said the extra aid would go to the Giro555 campaign, which is being run by many of the country’s non-governmental organizations for earthquake victims in Turkey and Syria.
The Giro555 campaign raised about 42 million euros. It aims to increase this number through joint broadcasts, which will be hosted today by many TV channels and radio.
While the campaigns initiated to collect relief supplies in the regions affected by the earthquakes in the Netherlands generated great interest, the collection centers designated by the Turkish Embassy in The Hague were filled with in-kind donations brought by citizens of Turkey and the Netherlands.
Turkish Ambassador to The Hague Selçuk Ünal shared on Twitter: “At the moment, 19,000 heaters, 2,200 generators, 816 tents, 32,000 blankets, 620 tons of clothes, 231 tons of medicines from the Netherlands, Kahramanmaras, Adana. , Hatay. And directly to Gaziantep. A large number of cargoes were sent to the Ankara and Edirne focal points.” made statements.
It is reported that the humanitarian aid collected in Spain and sent to Turkey is more than 71 tons.
Declaring that the government and people of Spain are mobilizing all their resources to help the earthquake victims, Ayşe Zeybek, First Deputy Secretary and Chargé d’Affaires of Turkey in Madrid, said: “With the coordination of our embassy, our citizens and Spanish friends are fulfilling their duties. activities to collect and send aid in 10 logistics centers”. said.
Zeybek said: “More than 71 tons of humanitarian materials were sent to our country on 3 trucks, 1 cargo plane, 4 passenger planes and 1 ship container. Our efforts to collect and deliver aid continue. bags, winter clothes, which the victims of the earthquake urgently need, consist of hygiene products, medicines and food. used his words.
Pope sends 10,000 thermal underwear to refugees
According to Vatican News, the Vatican’s official media outlet, Catholic spiritual leader and Vatican President Pope Francis is sending 10,000 thermal underwear to earthquake victims.
It was stated that the thermal underwear in question will be delivered to the port of Iskenderun in a few days by the ship MSC Aurelia, which is carrying the assistance of the Italian government and other non-governmental organizations and departs this morning from the port of Naples.
It was stated that the thermal underwear was sent to the Kilis refugee camp.
The Pope asked for concrete support to alleviate the suffering of the victims of the earthquake in the traditional Sunday prayer on February 12th.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- The population of the Earth has exceeded 8 billion!
- US President Biden Takes Action to Reduce Credit Card Late Payment Fees
- News from the investigation of deaths from syrup from the WHO. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- MINISTER YANIK CELEBRATED THE NEW YEAR OF UKRAINIAN CHILDREN – WORLD
- News about the call to lift sanctions from China and Iran. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- In 2021, the number of air passengers in the EU increased by 35 percent. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TOURISM headlines and events
- What will be on the agenda of Blinken’s visit to China? News. Last Minute ASYA, Russia news headlines and events
- Thwarting a red wave, Generation Z emerges as a powerful voting power
- EU Advice to China Not Tested Mandatory News. Last Minute EUROPE, Austria, France, CURRENT, Spain headlines and events
- Assistance to Turkey from many states and organizations. Last Minute GERMANY, UK, Spain, Russia, Greece headlines and events
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.