Angelina Jolie steps down as UN Special Representative. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
It has been announced that the famous movie star and philanthropist Angelina Jolie will leave the post of special representative of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. According to a UN statement, Jolie will continue to work as an activist.
The statement indicated that Angelina Jolie, who has served in more than 60 field missions around the world and spent 21 years in refugee camps as part of her voluntary service, will continue to work for refugees outside the UN.
Angelina Jolie said in a statement on the occasion: “I will continue to do my best to support refugees and displaced people in the coming years. “After 20 years in the United Nations system, I feel it is time for me to work directly with refugees and local organizations and advocate for solutions.”
He visited refugee camps in Turkey in 2012.
Angelina Jolie has been a UN Special Representative on a pro bono basis since 2012. Jolie last visited Yemen and Ukraine this year and met with displaced people.
Angelina Jolie also visited refugee camps in Turkey in 2012.
Angelina Jolie also visited refugee camps in Turkey.
UN High Commissioner for Refugees Flippo Grandi also thanked Angelina Jolie in her statement and expressed support for her decision.
According to the UN, every year more than 100 million people are forced to leave their places of residence due to war and similar reasons.
broadcast by Voice of America Angelina Jolie Steps Down as UN Special Representative in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. News of Angelina Jolie’s resignation as UN Special Representative is automatically posted on our website because it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district Angelina Jolie Steps Down as UN Special Representative The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Latest German news from US Secretary of Defense Austin. Last Minute GERMANY, France, Russia headlines and events
- Kılıçdaroğlu will hold a joint press conference with Rifkin. Last Minute GERMANY, Berlin, UK, headlines and events
- Asian markets see selling trend – WORLD
- International Index Report – WORLD
- The death toll from the rocket attack on the Dnieper, organized by Russia, has risen to 40 people. Last Minute GERMANY, Berlin, France, England, Russia headlines and events
- Over 500 protest news from Venezuelan teachers. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- News of the dissolution of the provisional government of Venezuela. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- In France, the court ruled that the state must pay compensation to a man who lost an eye as a result of police intervention – WORLD
- News “Warning not sent to foreign embassies.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Black box of crashed plane found in Nepal. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.