Amnesty: News article “Russia silences journalists with pressure.” Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Russian news and events
Amnesty International reported that Russia blocked journalists and independent observers from reporting on the protests.
Restrictions in Russia have intensified since the invasion of Ukraine in February 2022, and the uncontrolled crackdown on the anti-war movement has made public protests and sharing information about the protests nearly impossible, Amnesty said in a statement.
In its report on the matter, the organization documented dozens of cases of illegal obstruction of journalists and observers during public protests, including arbitrary detentions, the use of force, detentions and heavy fines.
“We see that the Russian authorities are determined to prevent and severely punish all forms of protest, no matter how peaceful, and to minimize public awareness of the protests,” said Natalya Prilutskaya, Amnesty International researcher.
Noting that since the early days of Vladimir Putin’s presidency in 2000, Russian authorities have gradually restricted the right to peaceful protest, Prilutskaya said that people who wish to exercise this right are increasingly being fined.
Prilutskaya stressed that state restrictions on freedom of the press continue, and the arbitrariness of the police to prevent journalists from informing the public about the protests continues.
In its report, Amnesty International called on Russia to immediately end the horrendous practices against peaceful demonstrators, reporters and independent observers and repeal repressive laws restricting freedom of expression.
broadcast by Voice of America Amnesty: ‘Russia is silencing journalists with pressure’ in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. Amnesty: The news “Russia is silencing journalists with pressure” is automatically published on our website, as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district Amnesty: ‘Russia is silencing journalists with pressure’ The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News from NATO to Russia START Agreement Alert. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Competition Council approves fine for Elon Musk’s purchase of Twitter – WORLD
- The victory in Israel’s election strengthens religious Zionism
- Clashes escalate in eastern Ukraine Kyiv demands more weapons news. Last Minute AFRICA, GERMANY, UK, Russia headlines and events
- News “We share satellite images with Turkey.” Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT, Netherlands, Russia, Greece headlines and events
- News “US to announce changes to arms transfer policy.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Johnson: The news that Putin threatened me with missiles. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, UK, Greece, headlines and events
- Positive revision of forecasts for China from Goldman Sachs – WORLD
- Trade with Venezuela increased 8 times in three years. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- The 16th Art Dubai has opened its doors preview – WORLD
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.