American and Russian diplomats discussed technical issues in Istanbul, apart from the war in Ukraine. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia Sergei Ryabkov and a representative of the US Embassy in Ankara said that a meeting of Russian and American diplomats took place in Istanbul today to discuss some technical issues of bilateral relations.
A US embassy spokesman said the meeting did not discuss the war in Ukraine.
According to Ryabkov, the Russian news agency TASS reported that the two countries would discuss “difficult issues” such as visas, the staffing of embassies, the work of institutions and representative offices of parties abroad, and other issues.
Ryabkov said that the meeting took place between the heads of departments of the Russian Foreign Ministry and the United States. This means that the meeting was held with the participation of officials of a lower level.
Ryabkov also stressed that the technical meeting should not be seen as a sign that both sides are ready to reconsider the “big questions”.
“Russia’s war in Ukraine is not covered”
A spokesman for the US embassy in Ankara confirmed that the meeting had taken place and said that “a senior Foreign Ministry official was in Istanbul to discuss narrow bilateral issues with his Russian counterparts.”
“The Russian war in Ukraine was not discussed,” the spokesman said.
The number of staff at both the Russian embassy in Washington and the US embassy in Moscow has dwindled in recent years due to the mutual expulsions of large numbers of Russian and American diplomats.
Russia’s foreign intelligence chief Sergei Naryshkin and US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) director William Burns met on November 14 in Ankara.
The meeting became a face-to-face summit between the two countries following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on February 24.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told the TASS news agency that communication between intelligence agencies was limited to the issue of exchange, and the broader situation of bilateral relations was not mentioned.
However, Russia pulled out of a meeting scheduled to be held in Cairo at the end of November to discuss the resumption of nuclear arms control under the New START agreement.
Moscow accused Washington of canceling the meeting at the last minute and noted that since the US was unwilling to consider a broader agenda, including “strategic stability”, it had no choice but to cancel the meeting.
broadcast by Voice of America American and Russian diplomats discussed technical issues in Istanbul in addition to the war in Ukraine in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news that American and Russian diplomats discussed technical issues in Istanbul, in addition to the Ukrainian war, is automatically posted on our website, since it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district American and Russian diplomats discussed technical issues in Istanbul in addition to the war in Ukraine The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Extension of the smoking ban in Belgium. Last Minute EUROPE, Belgium, CURRENT headlines and events
- Meeting of the foreign ministers of Iran and South Africa – Iran news
- The number of the extremely poor is on the rise in Latin America. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- News “Russia should not be allowed to participate in the Olympics.” Last Minute France, Russia headlines and events
- International Markets – WORLD – World Journal of Economics
- Market value of Beijing Stock Exchange approaches 200 billion yuan – WORLD
- “The United States is preparing to announce a new package of military assistance to Ukraine.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- The veteran senator is third in line for president
- Helicopter crashed into nursing home! – Kent News Agency
- Ukrainian soldiers will be trained at a US military base on how to use the Patriot system. Last Minute GERMANY, Russia headlines and events