Amazon is laying off 18,000 employees. Last Minute France, England, Spain headlines and events
Amazon, one of the world’s largest online shopping sites, has announced that it is laying off 18,000 employees. The layoffs will affect all company headquarters around the world. The layoffs, which will begin on January 18, are said to directly impact the company’s HR and e-commerce departments.
As a result of these layoffs, 6% of Amazon’s corporate employees will be fired. The company employs 1.5 million people, including warehouses and operating units. Amazon is the largest private sector employer in the US after Walmart.
On the other hand, Amazon warehouse workers in England are preparing to return to work on January 25 due to a wage dispute. The workers’ union in London announced that layoff plans would not affect their unit.
Similarly, Amazon France announced that the layoff operation would not affect them. Union officials in Spain, which include Amazon employees, said they were not aware of any details about the decision and it is not clear at this stage if employees in Spain will be affected by the decision.
An Amazon official said it plans to lay off 10,000 employees in the first place as part of an operation to lay off its employees, which it launched in November.
Layoffs continue at tech companies
Not only Amazon, but most of the tech giants laid off many of their employees in 2022. Technology companies canceled business deals with more than 150,000 people last year, according to the data.
Salesforce announced that it plans to lay off 10 percent of its total workforce, and the company is known to have laid off about 8,000 employees by October 31st.
Meta, the umbrella company for social media platform Facebook, parted ways with more than 11,000 employees last year.
Companies in the US laid off 43,651 employees in December 2022, according to the data. 16,193 of these layoffs were made by technology companies. In total, tech companies laid off 97,171 people in 2022. This means an increase of 649 percent over last year.
Despite all the layoffs, U.S. unemployment is at its lowest level ever, at 3.7 percent. Experts note that the labor market is strong, despite fears of a recession.
broadcast by Voice of America Amazon lays off 18,000 employees in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. Amazon Laying News from 18,000 employees is automatically posted to our site as it comes in from the VOA site. in this area Amazon lays off 18,000 employees The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- World Markets – WORLD – Economy World Magazine
- Minister Mush maintains contact with Venezuelan news. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Life in France has stopped: Black Thursday news. Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT, POLITICAL news headlines and events
- China is among the top ten most successful countries in the development of the Internet – WORLD
- The opening of two additional border gates from Turkey is on the agenda of the UN. Last Minute WORLD, CURRENT headlines and events
- The response of NATO and the United States to Putin on the nuclear deal. Last Minute Russia, Greece news headlines and events
- Appeal for help from Turkey and Syria in the Super Bowl. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- Russia continues to bomb Putin met with Xi Last Minute UK, Russia headlines and events
- Sweden refused to extradite 4 FETO members!
- Iran has executed another person on charges of espionage. Latest UK headlines and events
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.