Airlines in Spain have gone on strike and about 70 flights have been canceled. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Spain, TOURISM headlines and events
It was reported that up to 70 flights were canceled per day due to a strike by employees of low-cost airlines Vueling and Air Nostrum in Spain.
The strike of flight attendants and pilots demanding higher wages has particularly affected airports in the cities of Santiago de Compostela, Malaga, Gran Canaria, Murcia, Ibiza, Madrid and Palma de Mallorca.
The strike, which occurred during the Christmas week and is said to have affected 20 percent of scheduled flights, has caused many travelers to change their travel plans.
Trade union statements indicated that flight attendants and pilots demanded higher salaries interrupted during the Covid-19 period and improved working conditions for them.
The airline strike schedule was announced as follows:
Ryanair: December 26, 27, 28, 29 and January 2, 3, 4, 5, 2023
Vueling: 23, 24, 25, 26, 30, 31 December and 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 9 January 2023
Air Nostrum: 23, 26, 27, 29, 30 December and 2, 3 January 2023
The Spanish Ministry of Transport has announced that at least 77 percent of regular flights are guaranteed by law.
Private security guards at Madrid’s Barajas Airport have also gone on strike indefinitely, demanding higher wages.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Russia’s need for oil from the US to India – MIR
- Extramarital sex is prohibited in Indonesia. Top Dutch news headlines and events
- UN: The world’s population has reached 8 billion people
- Musk announced his resignation from his post. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- 4 Signs Your Plants Need Care
- Asian Stock Markets in Holiday Mood – WORLD
- Refusal of the Supreme Court of Sweden to extradite the Kenesh. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TURKEY headlines and events
- US senators go to Taiwan, China continues exercises – WORLD
- Soldier news from Russia to the Azerbaijani-Armenian border. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Swedish statement by Minister Bozdag! – Kent News Agency