Aid organizations have ceased their activities in Afghanistan. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
Four major charities operating in Afghanistan have suspended their work after the Taliban banned women from working in charities.
Care International, the International Relief Committee, the Norwegian Refugee Council and Save the Children have issued a joint statement saying they cannot continue their work without their female employees.
Aid organizations demanded that the women could continue to work.
These aid organizations provide health care, education, child protection, nutrition and support in the deteriorating humanitarian conditions in Afghanistan.
The Taliban’s decision comes just days after women were banned from college.
The Taliban allege that women in foreign aid organizations violate the dress code and say this will result in the revocation of the licenses of aid organizations that do not comply with the ban.
“We would not be able to reach millions of Afghans from August 2021,” the three charities said without their female staff.
Aid organizations said they stopped their work so that women and men would work equally until the Taliban’s claim was clarified.
While the United Nations is making efforts to lift the ban, it is noted that the UN may suspend aid activities in Afghanistan if the decision is not lifted.
Jan Egeland of the Norwegian Refugee Council noted that 500 of the organization’s 1,400 employees are women and said that women carry out their duties in accordance with traditional values.
Egeland said he hoped Telaban would return to his decision in the coming days or millions of people would be affected by it.
Aid organizations believe that this decision will also have a very negative impact on the economy.
Afghan women working in relief organizations are the most important source of income for their homes.
broadcast by Voice of America Aid organizations suspend their activities in Afghanistan in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news that aid organizations have ceased their activities in Afghanistan is automatically posted on our website, as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this area Aid organizations suspend their activities in Afghanistan The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- Iran’s allegation of London’s “destructive role in the protests”. Latest UK headlines and events
- What information did the German spy leak to Russia? News. Last Minute GERMANY, Russia headlines and events
- Article “Suspect confesses to xenophobia”. News headlines and events from Last Minute France
- The death toll from the rocket attack on the Dnieper, organized by Russia, has risen to 40 people. Last Minute GERMANY, Berlin, France, England, Russia headlines and events
- News of the intervention of the French police to the Moroccan supporters celebrating the victory over Portugal. Last Minute EUROPE, France, CURRENT headlines and events
- Memorandum of Understanding between Turkey and Venezuela. Last Minute WORLD, ECONOMY, CURRENT, TOURISM, TURKEY, news headlines and events
- How do new positions in business life affect employees?
- ISIS claims to be attacking Taliban forces. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- News “Border security discussed in negotiations with Syria.” News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Patriot and Marder support news from Germany to Ukraine. Last Minute GERMANY, Berlin, France, Russia, Greece headlines and events