A suspect in the Lockerbie bombing has been arrested in the United States. Latest UK headlines and events
US and Scottish officials have said Libyan Abu Agela Mesud Khair, suspected of making the bomb that bombed a passenger plane that crashed in the Scottish city of Lockerbie in 1988, is in US custody. .
A Boeing 747 passenger plane flew from London to New York. On 21 December 1988, the aircraft crashed in an explosion over Lockerbie, killing 259 people on board and 11 people in the area.
The incident was recorded as the deadliest terrorist attack on British soil.
The US Department of Justice said the suspect will stand trial in the capital, Washington. No explanation was given as to how Mesud was detained in the United States.
In December 2020, the Justice Department brought new charges against Massoud, alleging that he played a major role in the bombing.
Last month, reports surfaced that Massoud had been taken hostage by a militia group in Libya and would be handed over to US authorities to stand trial.
In 2001, only Abdelbaset al-Megrahi was found guilty in connection with the incident.
Megrahi was sentenced to life in prison, but Scotland released him after he was diagnosed with cancer.
Megrahi died in Libya in 2012.
Megrahi has always declared his innocence.
Although Massoud is the third Libyan intelligence officer charged by the United States in Lockerbie, he will be the first person to stand trial in the United States over the bombing.
broadcast by Voice of America Suspect arrested in Lockerbie bombing in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. News of the arrest of the Lockerbie bomb suspect is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this district Suspect arrested in Lockerbie bombing The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- The victory in Israel’s election strengthens religious Zionism
- British Prime Minister Sunak’s visit to Kyiv. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, UK, Russia, headlines and events
- Ecuador has introduced a new visa specifically designed for digital nomads
- Memorandum of Understanding between Turkey and Venezuela. Last Minute WORLD, ECONOMY, CURRENT, TOURISM, TURKEY, news headlines and events
- Which European countries consume the most antidepressants?
- The air of India and Sri Lanka is breathtaking! – WORLD
- Biden: We will protect every inch of NATO. News headlines and events Last Minute Russia
- Japan completes first aid flight to earthquake zone in cooperation with NATO – MIR
- Switzerland sold $3.6 billion worth of gold to Turkey in January. Last Minute EUROPE, ECONOMY, CURRENT, TURKEY headlines and events
- News “Earthquake stopped the flow of humanitarian aid to Syria.” Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.