2022 is the Year of Women’s Rights Activists News. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
NEW YORK –
In its year-end assessment, the United Nations News Center ranked 2022 as an important and exemplary year for women’s rights. The UN said 2022 was full of action against attacks on women’s rights around the world and that it was marked by the work of women activists who helped protect the rights of women who were under attack in many countries.
In its 2022 Women’s Rights Assessment, the UN News Center noted that defending women’s rights often takes a lot of courage and that the UN, committed to advancing the rights of women and girls, must support activists around the world to protect them from abuse and improve their lives. health and life. He noted that they work very intensively with volunteer organizations.
The UN News Center Women’s Rights Assessment 2022 focused primarily on the evolution of women’s rights in Iran and Afghanistan.
“Congratulations to the women who continue to stay in Afghanistan”
Since the Taliban took control of Afghanistan, widespread concerns for the rights of women have escalated there, having suffered and suffered greatly during the previous period when the regime was in power in the late 1990s.
UN Women has announced its determination to continue fighting for women’s rights in Afghanistan, the only country in the world where girls are de facto banned from secondary school and political participation. “We congratulate the women and women’s rights activists who chose to remain in the country despite having their lives turned upside down under Taliban rule for the success stories they created,” the statement said.
“The so-called vice police committed a murder in Iran”
In November 2022, the UN condemned the Iranian regime’s response with disproportionate force to anti-government protesters after a young woman, Mahsa Amini, died after being detained by the vice police in September. The killing of a young Iranian woman for not wearing the hijab was, according to the so-called vice police, strongly condemned.
Amini’s death sparked protests in many Iranian cities. The Iranian regime has responded to justified protests by arresting thousands of protesters, including high school students, girls, women, children, youth and journalists.
On November 22, 2022, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights announced that after more than 40 people were killed in peaceful protests in Iran in just one week, the UN Human Rights Council established a mission to study the demonstrations.
UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Volker Türk said: “I am sad to see what is happening in Iran. I am very saddened by the pictures of murdered children, women beaten in the street, people sentenced to death.”
To condemn the disproportionate response of the regime to the protests in Iran and denounce the mounting pressure on the international stage, the members of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) voted for the “Commission on the Status of Women”, of which Iran is one of 59 members, in a vote held in New York December 14 (CSW) decided to remove. In the voting, 29 countries voted in favor, 8 countries voted against, and 16 countries abstained.
broadcast by Voice of America 2022 is the year of women’s rights activists in the news houra-ber.com editors have no editorial intervention. The news that 2022 is the Year of Women’s Rights Activists is automatically posted on our website as it comes from the Voice of America website. in this area 2022 is the year of women’s rights activists The legal addressee of the news is the websites and agencies that published the news.
- Surprising words and phrases invented by the presidents of the United States
- Note from Azerbaijan to Iran!
- A maximum price could be set for Russian oil!
- Venezuela ranks first in food inflation in Latin America.
- News of the military fortification plan from Russia. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, Russian news and events
- South Korea, USA and Japan to hold anti-missile and anti-submarine exercises against the North – MIR
- Venezuela resumes oil exports to America. Last Minute WORLD headlines and events
- The proposal to digitalize applications for a Schengen visa was adopted in the European Parliament. Last Minute EUROPE, CURRENT, TOURISM headlines and events
- China’s ‘Spring Festival’ Passenger Passengers Exceed 1.5 Billion – WORLD
- Iraq hosts 34th Arab Parliamentary League conference – WORLD
- News “Quick-Monthly Fast Visa” for earthquake victims from Germany. Last Minute GERMANY, Belgium, Netherlands, UK headlines and events
- Japan concerned about military cooperation between Russia and China in Asia
- 3 satellites launched from China – MIR
- 60 percent of Americans are unhappy with Biden’s performance as president
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.